Price of sansa e250

@tapeworm wrote:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Radio Shack is an interesting company.  That they will offer less than $2 for a Sanas is a part of their roots.  They started many years ago selling surplus electronic components, under the Tandy umbrella.

Remember Tandy was a mail-order leather company when it acquired, or started up Radio Shack? We used to get a catalog where you could buy anything from a DIY key fob, wallet or cigarette case up to archery quivers and full-blown saddle kits. That’s right, as in horses!

It’s always irritated me whenever I bought something at RS how they always ‘needed’ your address, so they could ‘spam’ you with their catalogs & ads. That’s how we started getting the Tandy Leather catalogs (cross-marketing). RS did have some interesting radio kits & projects though, perfect for learning about electronics. And the people who used to work there knew their stuff, too.

Sadly, not any more. :angry:

OK, I’m going to show my age here.  Didn’t Tandy purchase another company to get the electronic gear?  I was thinking it was “Archer” or somehthing like that.  Then they were only electronics.  I remember my Dad complaining that the company would go down the tubes as soon as Tandy purchased it…

I know a fair share about Radio Shack; I worked there for awhile.  I’m surprised they haven’t folded.  My local stores don’t even have the cool parts bins anymore.  All they want to do is sell you a cell phone…