Malicious website

Beware of the following website.  I came across this searching for a solution to a malfunctioning flash drive.

The site invites you to download software to fix the problem.  First you wind up downloading unnecessary unzipping software.  Then aggressive adware popups take charge of your browser.  I stopped once I was directed to a website to download the program and received a message from my antivirus software that warned I was being directed to a phishing URL.  I reversed the damage by restorying windows from earlier set point and uninstalling all software installed at the site.

[Link removed]

Thanks for the tip–amd those sites are frightening and the operators really should be thrown in jail.  This is getting ridiculous.

Thanks for the heads up. Their site is loading really slow. It suggest that they maybe running some plugins or some things.

So somebody gives a heads-up warning people about a malicious website, and the first thing you do is follow the link?

Would you do the same thing if you encountered a BRIDGE OUT sign on the road? Drive through just to see if it was true?

:confounded:

@tapeworm wrote:

Would you do the same thing if you encountered a BRIDGE OUT sign on the road? Drive through just to see if it was true?

:confounded:

Unfortunately, so many people would.   ;)   And a click is so easy to do . . . .

I thought that a little funny too…removed the link.

microsansa