Is all lost?

I have a SanDisk Extreme 32gb CF card.  My reader won’t read it, nor will any others’s…  Is all lost?  It was working fine in the camera while I was shooting.  Came back to the studio, and went to DL, and nothing.  It even locks up my camera when I try to use it, just to view the images…

Any suggestions?

Ultimately, you might try a reformat of the card, using the SD Association’s formatter tool.  Hopefúlly, others might have other suggestions, so that you don’t lose your content.    :frowning:

Thanks… I downloaded some recovery program from SanDisk, Rescue Pro, I think it’s called, but it doesn’t see the drive, and of course, neither does my Computer.  It will see the other cards I have, but not this one…

Ultimately, you might try a reformat of the card, using the SD Association’s formatter tool. 

https://members.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Hopefully, others might have other suggestions, so that you don’t lose your content.   

Thanks…

I downloaded some recovery program from SanDisk, Rescue Pro, I think it’s called, but it doesn’t see the drive, and of course, neither does my Computer.  It will see the other cards I have, but not this one…

As a test, I took it to a Local Wamart photo dept.  2 kiosk never saw it either.

It’s firmware corrupted or flash too much bad section something.
If you want to take off data from it. It possible. Had to disassemble flash memory chip for process.
You get warranty if no need data.

My only card failure has been CF.

And it wasn’t SanDisk.

I use SD-32gb Extreme in my dual card Canon Vixia HF R200.

I was capturing video at the NYC marathon and the camcorder blacked out.

I hit the Power-Button OFF and then ON.

And everything was alright.

===

Describe the camera.

The Camera is a Canon 5D Mark ii

I wonder.  Does SanDisk ever recover files from their faulty cards?

A dual card camera sounds interesting. Does it allow you to have all images taken written to both cards so there is a backup?

SayCheeze wrote:

I wonder.  Does SanDisk ever recover files from their faulty cards?

No. SanDisk does not offer or provide recovery services. They do however, back up their products (in this case, memory cards) with a generous warranty period and replace any that fail within that time.

“No. SanDisk does not offer or provide recovery services. They do however, back up their products (in this case, memory cards) with a generous warranty period and replace any that fail within that time.”

Seems like Kodak’s warranty on film. If the important photos you took are lost due to defective film, Kodak will give you a new roll of film. 

Having cameras with two card slots which can be set to have every image taken written to both cards seems like a great thing. It wouldn’t cost that much extra to add a second card slot when designing a camera.

The last camera I rented for a catalog shoot, wrote to both cards.  This camera however doesn’t have two.  Just one CF slot.

I’m bummed that I can’t get this images off the card, but that happens I guess. 

Well, GOOD news…

I didn’t have anything to loose, so I slightly twisted the card between both hands, and what do you know?  The PC saw the card, and I quickly DL’d the files…

Now it’s in the trash…

Try below given tips to solve your issue. If these tips don’t give any result then approach to Canon 5d Manual for advance options:

• Make sure that the features and specification of sd card you are using should be compatible with your camera.
  • Reset the camera
  • Try to use new battery in your camera
  • Install new latest upgrade version in your camera
  • Remove (if any) dirt and dust from sd card slot.