SanDisk Guru

I've finally made the plunge.....

I bought myself something new for my Clip Zip. What, you ask?Smiley Wink

"Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC Class 4 Memory Card & MicroSDHC Card Reader"Smiley Very Happy

The price with shipping and tax was roughly $38....and I can't wait to see how my refresh times are with it. So many people have such incredibly long refresh times, and with my 16GB card they've always been very good. I'll throw the 16GB card back in the Clip+.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

Re: I've finally made the plunge.....

Good for you, Marv.  Enjoy!  Smiley Happy

SanDisk Guru

Good stuff.  I have always kept to 4GB for my cards, since I swap them between devices regularly.  Using MTP mode, refresh times have never really been an issue, a matter of seconds.

I swap the cards depending upon whether I'm in an audiobook or music mood (the latest Audible scheme allows swapping the media between Sansas, a nice change).

The monster 32 card is tempting, especially since the price has come down to an affordable level.  SInce I have the little guys plugged in regularly, I simply swap the cards with various collections.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

SanDisk Guru

I use mostly 8GB cards now, although I also have a 16GB and some 4GB cards. I guess I should put the 4GB cards in adapters and use them in my camera. i and not yet tempted to buy a 32GB card. I will probably be tempted to buy one when it is under $20.

SanDisk Guru

@JK98 wrote:

I use mostly 8GB cards now, although I also have a 16GB and some 4GB cards. I guess I should put the 4GB cards in adapters and use them in my camera. i and not yet tempted to buy a 32GB card. I will probably be tempted to buy one when it is under $20.

When I bought the 16GB card I have, it was about $20....so this card and the reader came in at just under double that price.
That's a good enough deal for me. 32GB card+8GB player = Win. Smiley Wink

2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Well done. A change is as good as rest

SanDisk Guru

Well, the Clip+ has been a dutiful little soldier for me now, for about 1.5 years of its two year existence. I sold my other one a whle back, and shortly thereafter the buyer sent it through both washer and dryer....RIP.

Now, at long last, I broke a clip on a Clip-line player.....after having 2 original Clips, two Clip+, and now a Clip Zip, it finally happened.Smiley Sad I was reaching into my jacket to press pause, where the player was clipped to my shirt pocket, as always, when someone bumped into the arm that was reaching into my jacket. Smiley SurprisedImmediately, the player dropped into the pocket, and the clip fell onto the ground.

I resisted my immediate reaction, which would have been to emulate this scene....

But at last, I made a decision.....I'm selling the Clip+ to the same guy who washed the other one, and with that money,  plus another $17, I've ordered a blue 4GB Clip Zip....and I'll toss my 16GB card into it, since my 8GB Zip has the 32GB in it already.

So it's on to the future.....but Clip+, I'm glad to have had you....a fine quality player you were.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Nice..Having a change is the way to taste the new one

@nayan007 wrote:

Nice..Having a change is the way to taste the new one

What change? Marvin already has 1 Zip. Smiley Indifferent

SanDisk Guru

@Marvin_Martian wrote:

Well, the Clip+ has been a dutiful little soldier for me now, for about 1.5 years of its two year existence. I sold my other one a whle back, and shortly thereafter the buyer sent it through both washer and dryer....RIP.

Now, at long last, I broke a clip on a Clip-line player.....after having 2 original Clips, two Clip+, and now a Clip Zip, it finally happened.Smiley Sad I was reaching into my jacket to press pause, where the player was clipped to my shirt pocket, as always, when someone bumped into the arm that was reaching into my jacket. Smiley SurprisedImmediately, the player dropped into the pocket, and the clip fell onto the ground.

I resisted my immediate reaction, which would have been to emulate this scene....

But at last, I made a decision.....I'm selling the Clip+ to the same guy who washed the other one, and with that money,  plus another $17, I've ordered a blue 4GB Clip Zip....and I'll toss my 16GB card into it, since my 8GB Zip has the 32GB in it already.

So it's on to the future.....but Clip+, I'm glad to have had you....a fine quality player you were.

And so it was done.....