I've finally made the plunge.....

I bought myself something new for my Clip Zip. What, you ask?:wink:

“Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC Class 4 Memory Card & MicroSDHC Card Reader”:smileyvery-happy:

The price with shipping and tax was roughly $38…and I can’t wait to see how my refresh times are with it. So many people have such incredibly long refresh times, and with my 16GB card they’ve always been very good. I’ll throw the 16GB card back in the Clip+.

Good for you, Marv.  Enjoy!  :smiley:

Good stuff.  I have always kept to 4GB for my cards, since I swap them between devices regularly.  Using MTP mode, refresh times have never really been an issue, a matter of seconds.

I swap the cards depending upon whether I’m in an audiobook or music mood (the latest Audible scheme allows swapping the media between Sansas, a nice change).

The monster  32 card is tempting, especially since the price has come down to an affordable level.  SInce I have the little guys plugged in regularly, I simply swap the cards with various collections.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I use mostly 8GB cards now, although I also have a 16GB and some 4GB cards. I guess I should put the 4GB cards in adapters and use them in my camera. i and not yet tempted to buy a 32GB card. I will probably be tempted to buy one when it is under $20.

@jk98 wrote:

I use mostly 8GB cards now, although I also have a 16GB and some 4GB cards. I guess I should put the 4GB cards in adapters and use them in my camera. i and not yet tempted to buy a 32GB card. I will probably be tempted to buy one when it is under $20.

When I bought the 16GB card I have, it was about $20…so this card and the reader came in at just under double that price.
That’s a good enough deal for me. 32GB card+8GB player = Win. :wink:

Well done. A change is as good as rest

Well, the Clip+ has been a dutiful little soldier for me now, for about 1.5 years of its two year existence. I sold my other one a whle back, and shortly thereafter the buyer sent it through both washer and dryer…RIP.

Now, at long last, I broke a clip on a Clip-line player…after having 2 original Clips, two Clip+, and now a Clip Zip, it finally happened.:cry: I was reaching into my jacket to press pause, where the player was clipped to my shirt pocket, as always, when someone bumped into the arm that was reaching into my jacket. :dizzy_face:Immediately, the player dropped into the pocket, and the clip fell onto the ground.

I resisted my immediate reaction, which would have been to emulate this scene…

[]()

But at last, I made a decision…I’m selling the Clip+ to the same guy who washed the other one, and with that money,  plus another $17, I’ve ordered a blue 4GB Clip Zip…and I’ll toss my 16GB card into it, since my 8GB Zip has the 32GB in it already.

So it’s on to the future…but Clip+, I’m glad to have had you…a fine quality player you were.

Nice…Having a change is the way to taste the new one

@nayan007 wrote:

Nice…Having a change is the way to taste the new one

What change? Marvin already has 1 Zip. :neutral_face:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Well, the Clip+ has been a dutiful little soldier for me now, for about 1.5 years of its two year existence. I sold my other one a whle back, and shortly thereafter the buyer sent it through both washer and dryer…RIP.

Now, at long last, I broke a clip on a Clip-line player…after having 2 original Clips, two Clip+, and now a Clip Zip, it finally happened.:cry: I was reaching into my jacket to press pause, where the player was clipped to my shirt pocket, as always, when someone bumped into the arm that was reaching into my jacket. :dizzy_face:Immediately, the player dropped into the pocket, and the clip fell onto the ground.

I resisted my immediate reaction, which would have been to emulate this scene…

But at last, I made a decision…I’m selling the Clip+ to the same guy who washed the other one, and with that money,  plus another $17, I’ve ordered a blue 4GB Clip Zip…and I’ll toss my 16GB card into it, since my 8GB Zip has the 32GB in it already.

So it’s on to the future…but Clip+, I’m glad to have had you…a fine quality player you were.

And so it was done…

Marvin, where do you find these people to sell your old players to? I was recently tired of my 4GB Clip and gave it away, since I didn’t know anyone to sell it to.

@jk98 wrote:

Marvin, where do you find these people to sell your old players to? I was recently tired of my 4GB Clip and gave it away, since I didn’t know anyone to sell it to.

Co-workers…:wink:

I’ve given my old players, still in perfect shape and with the original boxes and literature, etc., to charities such as those providing gifts for winter holidays.  Although one might question this, I think that everyone likes tech. and that this could be a nice surprise for someone who might not be able to go out and buy a player; and people who don’t have a computer still often may have access to one, at school, a public library, a friend’s house, etc. 

And so it continues…:smileyvery-happy:

I got a touch-screen android device.  :smileyvery-happy:  And I love it.  For a long time I disliked touch screens but my sweet little device changed all that.  :smiley:

@mags1230 wrote:

I got a touch-screen android device.  :smileyvery-happy:  And I love it.  For a long time I disliked touch screens but my sweet little device changed all that.  :smiley:

I wouldn’t want my only device to be touchscreen, if i only had one device,  because it can be inconvenient on-the-go…but I like having one as part of my collection. I am certainly curious about the Android devices though…how is that OS to use? :smiley:

Marvin_Martian wrote:

I am certainly curious about the Android devices though…how is that OS to use? :smiley:

I’m quite happy with it’s features.  I especially like being able to read a book or play a game and

listen to music at the same time.  I’ve already become addicted to Angry Birds. :smileyvery-happy:

Being able to navigate around the various screens took some getting used to, but once I

organized some of the widgets on my home screens, it was alot easier.  Shrinking and enlarging

the multiple app and home screens is great.  I also like the navigation panel that I can pull down. 

There’s still some things that I need to learn, but overall it’s a great little device.

Of course, having it doesn’t mean I’m giving up my trusty clip+.   I still use that when I’m out and

about.

Marvin , you still have 113MB free, man!!  Nice to see a serious flash music collection.

There are quite a few new Android devices out there, and some HUGE screens to go with them, egads!!  Some make the iPhone actually look cute and small, don’t they?  I have had to really search to find a decent compact phone, as I use it as just that- a telephone.

But Angry Birds is a lot of fun, isn’t it?  I have an unlimited data plan, and I only use the phone to talk, go figure.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Grrrr.  Those darn pigs!  They’re too well fortified!

@mags1230 wrote:

I have one coming now too…but I wouldn’t call it “little”.:dizzy_face:

Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0

For a size perspective…here’s a shot of one next to an iPod Touch…