Here's the scoop on the upcoming Beatles Remasters

Head to http://www.beatlesnews.com/news/the-beatles/200908151922/details-of-beatles-remasters-summarized-in-chicago.html for decent info and to nullify some of the rumors. It seems that the rumor trail is a never ending part of Beatles history. This looks like some straight-up info from people in the know.

Hope the SQ of this stuff is as good as they claim it’s going to be, but I’ll get it all anyway!

I’ll have to be holding my original 1964 Beatles Fan Club Card (true NEMS production and never signed on back), when I listen to the “new” releases!!!

1 Like

So now they are trying to get many people to pay for the same music for a third time, first for records, then for CDs, then again for this new remasters? Theoretically they should give at least a 50% discount on this for those who bought the CDs, however I know this won’t happen.

@jk98 wrote:
So now they are trying to get many people to pay for the same music for a third time, first for records, then for CDs, then again for this new remasters? Theoretically they should give at least a 50% discount on this for those who bought the CDs, however I know this won’t happen.

You left out 8-tracks, cassettes, etc. :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, there’s not really anything wrong with it. No one is forced to rebuy anything. If you’re happy with your old CDs, keep on truckin’. And the remastering technology has improved, so the new issues should sound better.

It is nice and simple, people don’t have to buy it if they don’t want it. It’s not only The Beatles, but any artist that has been marketed long enough to go through the technology/format changes. Many people orginally bought vinyl, than bought the same on cassette for portable/car use, than bought CD for “better” sound quality, than bought digital downloads for phone/DAP use. All the same music and no 50% discounts! I have many different artists that I bought on vinyl,cassette & CD.

One thing for sure though, even when all The Beatles have passed, their marketing machine will still crank out product as long as it is profitable!

@14124all wrote:

One thing for sure though, even when all The Beatles have passed, their marketing machine will still crank out product as long as it is profitable!

Which, like Elvis will probably be forever!

@gwk1967 wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

You left out 8-tracks, cassettes, etc. :stuck_out_tongue:

And don’t forget all the Anthology CD sets.

I think, like many others, that the Anthology CDs were released to try to offset the flood of bootleg CDs that were pouring out at the time. I have nearly 500 bootleg Beatles CDs/sets, all on stamped discs. I quit collecting them when they started coming out on CD-R as they were becoming home-brewed.

Many feel that the remasters are long overdue and they will sell quite well. They may also be another release to offset bootlegs. The current best sounding CDs are the Dr Ebbetts series of boots. He has halted production, stating that his work is no match to the upcoming releases due to the original tape sources and technology used.

And yes, sometime in the future, people will be buying it all again when another format emerges.

I spent well over $2000 today on The Beatles. The Anthology Sets (US and Import) with DVD Vinyl and books, New Remasters (US and Import {pretty sure they’re identical}), Vinyl copies of the albums Released Starting with Rubber soul and Ending with Magical Mystery Tour (US only), and the Import Vinyl releases of Yellow Submarine, Revolver, and The White Album. I also found a radio station with copies of Let it be and Abby Road on Reel- to-real for sale which will be constituting a trip to London to check out and test for authenticity. To complete my collection I need 4 more imports but I doubt I will ever get 2 of them in the condition I would need (Abby Road, and Please Please Me)

@conversionbox wrote:
I spent well over $2000 today on The Beatles. The Anthology Sets (US and Import) with DVD Vinyl and books, New Remasters (US and Import {pretty sure they’re identical}), Vinyl copies of the albums Released Starting with Rubber soul and Ending with Magical Mystery Tour (US only), and the Import Vinyl releases of Yellow Submarine, Revolver, and The White Album. I also found a radio station with copies of Let it be and Abby Road on Reel- to-real for sale which will be constituting a trip to London to check out and test for authenticity. To complete my collection I need 4 more imports but I doubt I will ever get 2 of them in the condition I would need (Abby Road, and Please Please Me)

Can’t compete with CB^^ but I’m in the middle of embedding art on 14 Beatles albums to load on one of my DAP’s. Only one of them is a new remaster ( Hard Day’s Night ) but I got inspired by reading this, and seeing the pub for the video game. I hadn’t listened to them for a while, it’s nice to re-visit them.:smiley:

Beatles sell 2.25 million albums in 5 days!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Beatles-sell-225-million-apf-3138157963.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=1&asset=&ccode=

@jk98 wrote:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Beatles-sell-225-million-apf-3138157963.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=1&asset=&ccode=

Not bad for 2 guys with 1 foot in the grave and the other 2 with both feet in, huh?

But then, look at Elvis . . . he’s sold more records since he’s been dead than when he was alive. Tupac too (but he didn’t have much to start with).

@tapeworm wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

Not bad for 2 guys with 1 foot in the grave and the other 2 with both feet in, huh?

But then, look at Elvis . . . he’s sold more records since he’s been dead than when he was alive. Tupac too (but he didn’t have much to start with).

Have you seen the  “2 guys with 1 foot in the grave” lately? They are both in great shape and still tour a ton.

I don’t know if it’s true, but I heard today that the Beatles had 9 of the top 10 albums last week (and the tenth was Michael Jackson).

@conversionbox wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

Have you seen the  “2 guys with 1 foot in the grave” lately? They are both in great shape and still tour a ton.

Scary to think that I saw Paul at Giants Stadium in New Jersey when I was half my current age. :dizzy_face:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Scary to think that I saw Paul at Giants Stadium in New Jersey when I was half my current age. :dizzy_face:

Now he knows what it’s like “When I’m 64”! :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Problem for him is most of those lyrics came out the Opposite… 

@tapeworm wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Not quite, thank goodness…I’m not even 40 yet.:stuck_out_tongue: