Happy Thanksgiving!!

Time to break out the deep fryer  and dunk that turkey?  Bill and I were so busy discussing Green Bay versus Detroit that we had a _Vesuvius _moment in the kitchen, as you can see.  (Yes, that’s Captain Kirk in the photo)

Just kidding.  I have spent enough years putting fires out that I woudn’t recommend using one of those propane powered monsters indoors.  I’m patient enough to use the tried and true gas oven.  Much better.  Last year, we did the huge family Thanksgiving…with three fryers_ and nine turkeys going!!_

This year is much more sedate, just the immediate family, time to relax.  Unless, of course, you’re sitting today in a tent, out in the wind and rain, waiting for that killer Black Friday special deal.  If this is your predicament today, I am impressed by your determination.

I will be at work tomorrow and Saturday, so that means just a little less shopping traffic for you.

The 25-pound monster  is in the oven, and four pies are cooling.  How about that!  Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

And to you, and all, as well!  A peaceful and reflective day–

I hope everyone had a good holiday, and for those of you who don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, just a good day.

Ah, now off to take out those recipes for the leftovers…let’s see…turkey stew, turkey shepherd’s pie, turkey hash, turkey omelets…

And let’s not forget my favorite. . . Turkey Bone Soup! :stuck_out_tongue:

:dizzy_face:  How did you know about that?      I was planning that for my family’s Sunday dinner.

@mags1230 wrote:

I hope everyone had a good holiday, and for those of you who don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, just a good day.

Ah, now off to take out those recipes for the leftovers…let’s see…turkey stew, turkey shepherd’s pie, turkey hash, turkey omelets…

No leftovers (or dishes) here…we actually went out to eat. And I didn’t have turkey…the place we went had melt-in-your-mouth prime rib:smileyvery-happy:
And I echo your sentiments to the group, of course.:smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

And I didn’t have turkey…the place we went had melt-in-your-mouth prime rib:smileyvery-happy:

What? . . . Sacrilege! :dizzy_face:

Its a bit late for thanksgiving now …but here comes Sant Claus. make your wish.