Check out this site I find it very intreguing.

http://www.popsci.com/military-aviation-amp-space/article/2009-06/smart-bullets

This is a very interesting weapon.

I wonder how many people know’s about it

@musiclord wrote:

I wonder how many people know’s about it

Well, Popular Science is sold just about everywhere that sells magazines. So it’s more than 20.

I was refering to the weapon. Guess I should have made that more clearer.

That’s what I meant too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, the art of warfare.

The “smart round” is a redesign of an old idea, actually.  It was kept secret for many years, but in World War II, Patton commented on the “special rounds” employed in battle against the advancing Germans.  The shells used radio proximity fuses that detonated above enemy troops.  The shells were fired in a shallow trajectory.

Not too bad for 1940s technology, eh?

I am always amazed at the “dumbing down” of science in Popular Science magazine.  It’s kind of like Entertainment Tonight meets Scientific American.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

I am always amazed at the “dumbing down” of science in Popular Science magazine.  It’s kind of like Entertainment Tonight meets Scientific American.

Insert “great unwashed masses”  comment here :stuck_out_tongue::smileyvery-happy:

Hey bob how did you know that? Were you in the army or do u just read alot. lol

@musiclord wrote:
Hey bob how did you know that? Were you in the army or do u just read alot. lol

I think he’s CIA or Special Forces! :smileyvery-happy:

I’m an avid reader of military history, among other pursuits.  As a young lad, I missed going to Annapolis by a freckle, aiming for a career in intelligence and communications.  As fate would have it, in 1982-3, Reagan was in office, and a wave of patriotism meant that the academies (USAF, Navy, Army) had a huge candidate base.

Though I had Senator Heinz’s blessing for the nomination, I didn’t have team sports in my resume.  In retrospect, I was involved with all of the teams, as a photographer, but academic pursuits were more important.  I had two years of Physics, Calculus, and Chemistry each (good schools in Pennsylvania), plus “AP” credits, but I think that mentalities die hard.  You don’t need much in the way of “team sports” if you are aiming for excellence in communications and cryptography, but what can I say…

I tried my leadership skills to my satisfaction later, opening a successful custom motorcycle shop, and then in the fire service, as a senior reserve captain, handling training for two 30 man fire crews, and working in the department headquarters.  I miss hopping from the Huey and getting dusty, it was a great experience.

The S.S. American is preparing to set sail from New York to England. Billy Crocker, a young assistant to Wall Street tycoon Elisha J. Whitney, a passenger on the ship, decides to stow away in hopes of wooing his long-lost love and wealthy debutante, Hope Harcourt, who is also on board. However, much to Billy’s chagrin, Hope’s mother, Evangeline Harcourt, is delighted that Hope is engaged to be married to a stuffy Englishman, Lord Evelyn Oakleigh (who is also onboard), upon arrival in England. If you want to hear more from me, visit the site.