Any experience with the Archos Internet Tablet?

Looks interesting.

mp3, FLAC, etc with video AND wifi connectivity (Android…what flavor?) with a 2.8" screen.

doing a bit more research and zero-ing in on the Archos 5- 32 gB with the 4.8" resistive touch-screen.

Wooks very amazing.  Running android 1.6, wifi, GPS, and playing a wide variety or audio and video formats.

Very mixed reviews on ama-zon with a lot of 5 stars and a lot of 1’s and 2’s.  Essentially and android iTouch.

Anyone have expereience with these?

Have you perused the Archos forum?

@blackdog_sansa wrote:

doing a bit more research and zero-ing in on the Archos 5- 32 gB with the 4.8" resistive touch-screen.

Wooks very amazing.  Running android 1.6, wifi, GPS, and playing a wide variety or audio and video formats.

Very mixed reviews on ama-zon with a lot of 5 stars and a lot of 1’s and 2’s.  Essentially and android iTouch.

Anyone have expereience with these?

1.6 is a fairly old version  of Android. Youmight be able to find out more at http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87

Have been doing more research.  The new generation 8 series are pretty interesting.  REally what I thought the Fuze plus should have been.  (wifi and Android)

They have several in the series, identified by the screen size (28 = 2.8", 32 = 3.2", 43 = 4.3", 70 = 7.0", and 101 = 10.1")

Only the 70 and the 101 have a capacitive touch screen but the resistive touch on the aother units is supposed to be very good.

they are getting good reviews although it’s clear that they are no iPads and need a good bit of tinkering/hacking to get them up to speed.  A hack is available to get access to the google apps library.  MicroSD cards.  Wifi, bluetooth.  Plays almost all audio and video formats.  Internet browsing on wifi reported to be quite good.  Android 2.2 now available with some limited Flash ability.  Essentially an android phone without the phone, 3G and GPS.

Pretty cool.  The 70 just seems too big.  I’d like something that goes in my pocket, so I’m headed for the 43.  Nice hi res screen, plays 720 p hidef video, HDMI output direct to HDTV.  right now they appear to be having supply problems and the 43 is still not available.  Was release in October so this doesn’t really bode that well, but it may be worth waiting for.

Will be sad to leave the Sansa Fuze world.  Wish Sansa had jumped on this train.  Smartphone without the data contract.  Seems that standalone audio/video players are going to become a thing of the past.  Smartphones and tablets are where it’s at.  (also Netbooks are really becoming more than toys as well…lots of options)