wont play, restarts by itself over and over

Just bought my sansa fuze+ directly from best buy, brought it home  loaded music on it, it would say "do dont disconnect device" or 

something like that on its display, so I assumed it was working. When I disconnected it from the cable to listen to it, it says "sansa", 

shows the sansa logo in color, then says "loading…" stays there for a minute and restarts itself. I have tried restarting it. Fully charging it

letting it run the battery completely out then charging and retrying it. Nothing changes. Since I have purchased it, everytime I turn it

on it does the same thing… takes me to "loading…" teases me and restarts again on an infinite loop. Has anyone else encountered 

this problem or have any more ideas to try?

forgot to mention, tried installing the firmware already, that didnt help

Try holding the power button depressed for about 20 seconds, release, then restart the player.  This performs a soft reset on teh device.

You mantioned that new music was transferred to the device.  If the machine is freezing during the loading (database refresh after unplugging) process, there is something wrong with one or more of the music files transferred.

Do you have any further information about your music files (source, format, etc) ?

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I try this holding the power button depressed for about 20 seconds, release, then restart the player. Hope it works for you.

@bryan88 wrote:

I try this holding the power button depressed for about 20 seconds, release, then restart the player. Hope it works for you.

Simply repeating what someone else has said a month ago is not helpful nor needed.

Please try to be more constructive with the content of your posts in the future, and not just post for posting’s sake. That helps no one.

I’m experiencing the same problem.  I have had my Fuze+ since Dec. 2010.  I downloaded and installed the new firmware update Sunday.  Everything went well, listened to music for several hours.  Today, Tuesday, when I powered on my Fuze+ it went into the same endless loop you described.  I’ve tried the soft reset (hold the power button for 20 seconds) several times, no luck.  I’m willing to reformat but would rather not if possible.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The only ‘fix’ a user can do to these things is re-load the firmware (which you’ve already done) and format the memory. Anything still amiss after these attempts is beyond your control and you should call Sandisk Tech Support. If it’s determined to be defective, they will replace the unit.

It seems to be fixed, for now.  I did reinstall the firmware update.  I did it the manual way, downloaded to my computer, extracted the file and dropped it in the Fuze+ root directory.  It reinstalled successfully and everything seems fine.  Thank you, Tapeworm, for the advice.