why did you mess up the sansa fuze???

I’ve had a Fuze+ since November. This is the 2nd MP3 player I’ve owned in the last 8 years. My 1st came with an 8MB compact flash and took AA batteries and I’ve only just stopped using it because my eyesight means I can’t read the screen in the dark (allthough I could turn it on, and resume with my eyes closed).

In terms of basic functionality, pause,lock,power on and navigation my ancient model beats the Fuze+ hands down. Yes when the Fuze+ is locked (you can’t really move at all with it unlocked!!!) the sound quality is great. However day to day usability is pretty terrible.

Yes we all hope that Sandisk do sort out the problems, but it’s pretty pathetic that a product can actually be launched with all these issues. I spent 20 years in Software development and most of these problems are bugs pure and simple which should have been caught in testing/QA.

It’s a product which has been overtaken by it’s marketing hype and a desire to appear flash/sexy rather than work.

I defy anyone to state that they can get the touchpad to do _ exactly _ what they want even 95% of the time. (my hit rate is about 25%).

I can’t quite equate the random behaviour I associate with the touchpad as “fun”. Maybe if you like it to pick the album you want to listen to rather than you.

I have yet to write my review on Amazon(.co.uk) but it’s only had 6 reviews and is averaging 3.5/5 and has received no 5s yet.

If it needs us disillusioned customers to start writing accurate reviews to prompt Sansa to actually fix the problems then lets do it.

Oh yes. We have a Clip+, which is better for many things - but I can’t read the small screen in the dark otherwise the Fuze+