what is the true database capacity of the Fuze+

I have had the Fuze+ for a few weeks now (16 gb + 32 gb sd). I only upgraded to the Fuze+ because my original Fuze reached its “database capacity” where the new songs added wouldn’t appear on the player even though they were on the player/sd card (~8000 songs).

as of this moment I am now at 9072 mp3s on both internal and external, with 7.5 GB still free internally and 5.1 GB free externally. all music files were ripped by myself personally at 128 on my PS3 save a couple songs here and there. I’ve been ripping my entire music collection on and off since I got the original fuze in Feb 2009, and still have 120 or so cds to go, plus whatever else I feel the need to purchase between now and then.

I have heard about the 10,000 database capactiy, but want to know if anyone can verify if this is 100% totally accurate. I would hate to have not finished going through my collection, reached the design capacity of your player but still have room to spare, AGAIN.

@megafan2000 wrote:

I have heard about the 10,000 database capactiy, but want to know if anyone can verify if this is 100% totally accurate.

There has been no “official” declaration of the total number of songs this new player will recognize, but since the 10,000 track figure was mentioned by a SanDisk representative, I’d say that’s about as close to 100% as you’re going to see.

Except of course, if you through your ripping and adding efforts come up with different results. :wink:

I have approx 600 albums with 10,226 files on a 16GB card.

I’ve not had any obvious problems apart from the speed of loading/refresh/scroll etc

How in the hell did you fit 600 albums on a 16gb micro sd card???  Are your albums ripped at 64kbps??

@deathmetalred wrote:

How in the hell did you fit 600 albums on a 16gb micro sd card???  Are your albums ripped at 64kbps??

Kind of my thought as well. I have have an 8gb with a 16gb card, so 24gb, and I can only fit about 300 albums, maybe 3000+ songs, which are a mix of 192 & 256 kbps mp3s. How anyone is getting, say, 10,000 on some of these players is beyond me.

Most of my stuff was originally ripped at 128kps and my 24GB (8 + 16 MicroSD) has approx 5100 songs, so he must either be listening to 1 minute songs, or ripped at 64kps. 

I got the Fuze+ for the extra 2000 capacity.  Right now at 128kps I don’t see a 40GB player going much beyond 10K songs.

Yes albums are ripped at 64k which is fine for when I’m travelling by public transport (tube/subway) as the background noise obscures the finer details in any case.

I’m a purist and still listen to real music at home on CD.