treat internal & external storage AS ONE: clip zip vs v1 clip

Does clip zip treat internal storage and external card AS ONE?   requiring no button fiddling or settings tweaking

I have had four v1 clips.  I never bothered “upgrading” to clip+ because of credible reports that one could EITHER browse internal storage OR the sdcard. 

NOT acceptable.

I have been gifted a clip zip with receipt and left it in box until I find wish camp clip zip occupies.

not a hyperlink so no script can inflict an affiliate code – those are detestible.

@octoflac wrote:

Does clip zip treat internal storage and external card AS ONE?   requiring no button fiddling or settings tweaking

The Zip works in this way as any other Sansa player. The database (that you browse in the Music menu) includes the Artists, Albums and Tracks from both memory locations. And if you have Shuffle turned on and press Play All, it will select tracks also from both memory locations.

@octoflac wrote:

I have had four v1 clips.  I never bothered “upgrading” to clip+ because of credible reports that one could EITHER browse internal storage OR the sdcard. 

NOT acceptable.

I think you might have mis-read or misunderstood those “credible reports”. Yes, using the Folder option (in the Music menu) you can browse either the internal memory or external card content, but this is a “feature” or “option” for those wanting to do so. You don’t have to.

@octoflac wrote:

I have been gifted a clip zip with receipt and left it in box until I find wish camp clip zip occupies.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. If you’ve been given a Clip Zip, open it up and enjoy it. That’s what the person who gave it to you intended. :smiley:

@tapeworm wrote:

@octoflac wrote:

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. If you’ve been given a Clip Zip, open it up and enjoy it. That’s what the person who gave it to you intended. :smiley:

I’m fairly certain that’s supposed to be “WHICH camp” the Zip occupies. As in, does it treat the internal and external memories as one, or not?

But yes octoFLAC, as Tapeworm said, if you use the default database browsing system and not folder browsing, all your internal and external files are in a unified list (or lists if you want to choose what to play by artist, album, etc.).