slotRadio cards

My SlotRadio arrived yesterday and I really like it!  Enjoying the Bundle Mix and impressed with the quality of the FM radio. Never liked the hassle of downloading or ripping CDs   this is designed for us over 55 ers! Any idea when the other cards will be available?  My wife will want the Motown one and I’ll probably opt for the Classic Rock one!

Thunderheart

@thunderheart71 wrote:

. . . Never liked the hassle of downloading or ripping CDs   this is designed for us over 55 ers!

Yu mean like Sammy Hagar?

I Can’t Drive 55

@thunderheart71 wrote:

. . . Never liked the hassle of downloading or ripping CDs   this is designed for us over 55 ers!

You mean like Sammy Hagar?

I Can’t Drive 55

I can drive 55 … just don’t have the wear with all to sit and download music or rip CDs…:))

the sansa fuze just updated its firmware to support slotradio cards. in the firmware thread it says that slotradio cards will be available on  slotradio.org starting 4/28/09

The initial batch of cards is out - Rock, Country, R&B/Hip-Hop, and Oldies. Please see the website - www.slotradio.org :)

There is an audio preview of each and every channel in each and every card (with partial lists of the artists on each card).

@sansational wrote:

The initial batch of cards is out - Rock, Country, R&B/Hip-Hop, and Oldies. Please see the website - www.slotradio.org :)

There is an audio preview of each and every channel in each and every card (with partial lists of the artists on each card).

Sansational something to consider… A track list for the cards. Obviously you wont have 1000 different artists so the list would be managable. It might seem like a lot but as a music freak, I need to know what I am buying. Most people would read the list just for the artist but once you find an artist you like then you want to see what songs are on the card by that artist.

The Slotradio cards play on the Fuze? Can one make a go list using the slotradio cards, or will the cards only play the preconfigured lists? Can one rate songs on the slotradio card, and only have the highest rated songs play, or is one forced to have all the songs play in a predetermined order?

it is like a radio you have no controll over how the songs are played in a list. you can not add them to the go list and there is no rating for the songs.

drlucky wrote:
it is like a radio you have no controll over how the songs are played in a list. you can not add them to the go list and there is no rating for the songs.

But the selection is amazing, and the curation - top notch!

You won’t be seeing a track list - it’s not in the cards (excuse the pun)… part of the radio-like deal. Trust me though, in my opinion, these are well thought out and varied playlists.

Looks like a great product but for me, even at 4 cents a track, without

a complete track list I will never purchase.

How long would it really take to put together these lists?

Not very IMO.

I agree 100 percent.  I am cool with the inability to play them in any order, or even to go back a track.  But to keep the music a “mystery” is totally bogus.

I don’t care how cheap the music is.  If I am going to lay down 40 dollars for anything, I will know what I’m getting.  Even though I can buy not being able to play my favorite songs on demand, I will not buy the cards not knowing what songs are on there already.  Chances are, I may already have a lot of them, so unless I can see that I am getting a lot of new music, I won’t buy it. 

Please reconsider that.  You can easily create release notes for each card and give a listing of all the tracks that are included and put them in either a .txt release note or PDF.

The restrictions you currently have on playback behavior is odious enough.  Asking people to buy sight unseen is ludicrous.

I have to agree, a track listing would be nice.  The previews and partial artist list are not enough.  I think the cards would be more attractive to users if they knew exactly what was on them.  If it’s a contractural thing, it doesn’t make sense.  The songs can’t be copied, a list of them hardly poses a “risk” of abuse.  Most people would never buy a CD if they didn’t know what was on it, 1000 songs or otherwise.

IMHO, Sandisk needs to reconsider this.

What’s up with the ordering page?

Over the last two weeks I have tried a dozen or so times to order a card. All I get is this message…

“We are unable to process your order. Please verify your information and try again”

I have verified the information several times… It is all correct.

I have tried a different CC… Still no luck

I contacted online support, all I got in response was a Form type letter that stated I needed to order from slotradio.org… No kidding!! The statement included no additional information to aid me with the problem

do you want to sell these things or not?  

I just noticed all the music cards, except the one that comes with Slot Radio, are now $49.99 instead of $39.99. Not that 5¢ a track is a bad thing, but an increase of ten bucks is a bit odd. 

I just bought a slotRadio card (Oldies) and upgraded my Fuse software.  The card sounds great.  I like not knowing what is on the card because I commute (train) an hour each way, and listen to music both ways. 

I would like to know what other slotRadio mix cards are being planned.

By the way, upgrading the firmware was really easy. 

Check this one out for the gym - http://slotradio.org/slotRadio/cards/healthfitness

And this one - for your everyday life - http://slotradio.org/slotRadio/cards/dailymix (it’s also $10 lower than the rest of the cards!) - great for hosting cocktail parties, BBQs, or just having a very lazy Sunday…

I am disappointed that this has no display! It looks like there will be 500 song Slotradio cards. I am glad about that. $50 for the 1,000 song cards probably won’t be that popular, but 500 songs cards under $25(and especially if discounted to under $20) would imo be very popular.

http://sr.cog1.com/sansa/togo/kiis/

Message Edited by JK98 on 08-31-2009 03:32 PM

@jk98 wrote:

I am disappointed that this has no display! It looks like there will be 500 song Slotradio cards. I am glad about that. $50 for the 1,000 song cards probably won’t be that popular, but 500 songs cards under $25(and especially if discounted to under $20) would imo be very popular.

Looks like a plain 'ol SlotMusic player marketed & labeled for a specific radio station to me. I don’t see no RADIO on it! Is this another feeble attempt at ‘bundling’ in the hopes of getting some numbers of these low-end players out just to further promote the pe-recorded cards? Pretty cheesy way to market a product if this is the case.

Why not have them as give-aways? Be the 20th caller when you hear Led Zeppelin’s Stairway To Heaven or something to that effect.

On 2nd thought, better make that the 5th caller. I don’t know if there would be 20 people that interested in owning one.

@jk98 wrote:

Looks like a plain 'ol SlotMusic player marketed & labeled for a specific radio station to me. I don’t see no RADIO on it! I can’t help but think that this is a rather feeble attempt at ‘bundling’ in the hopes of getting some numbers of these low-end players out just to further promote the pe-recorded cards.

Why not have them as give-aways? Be the 20th caller when you hear Led Zeppelin’s Stairway To Heaven or something to that effect.

On 2nd thought, better make that the 5th caller. I don’t know if there would be 20 people that interested in owning one. :stuck_out_tongue: