slotMusic Artists

Dozens of popular artists from EMI Music, SONY BMG, Universal Music Group, and Warner Music Group are making their debut on slotMusic cards in time for the holidays, including:

·       ABBA

·       Chris Brown

·       Coldplay

·       Connie Talbot

·       Daughtry

·       Don’t Quit Fitness Bundle

·       Elvis Presley

·       Five Finger Death Punch

·       Jimi Hendrix

·       Jimmy Buffet

·       Katy Perry

·       Keane

·       Kelly Clarkson

·       Kiss

·       Leona Lewis

·       Lynyrd Skynyrd

·       Metro Station

·       MIA

·       Nelly

·       New Kids On the Block

·       Ne-Yo

·       Nickelback

·       Pussycat Dolls

·       Rihanna

·       Rise Against

·       Robin Thicke

·       Saving Abel

·       Shwayze

·       Solange

·       Sugarland

·       Tim McGraw

·       Toby Keith

·       Usher

·       Weezer

·       Young Jeezy

Consumers can expect additional releases from other artists before the end of the year.

http://www.slotmusic.org/

http://www.walmart.com/slotmusic  I only see 21 slots to buy?

Slotmonsta (Great Name btw) Have you thought about trying to work with some independant labels like RoadRunner, or Epitaph? These labels are usually pretty awesome about getting envolved with new methods of  delivery for their artists. Aslo Can I Suggest Barenaked Ladies, and RadioHead These artists have released some of their albums on flash drives, and since slot music is basically a flash drive only smaller it seems like a good fit.

Anymore tunes become availible?

You can check here.

It doesn’t really look like any new artists have signed up since the launch. Are there any plans to release new titles?

There have been but you have to check the slotmusic site to see who.

I’m having trouble navigating the slotMusic site. When I try to select titles by format in the Sansa store, ‘slotMusic’ isn’t even an option. What’s up with that?

Can someone just list all of the new titles that have been released in 2009? Thanks in advance.

These are the Cards Currently Avalible on Sansa’s Store

Looks to me like no new titles have been added the launch in November.

Is slotMusic dead?

As a previous poster has said, Sandisk should work more from the ‘bottom-up’ and release more titles from smaller labels.Also, why aren’t they being sold on Amazon.

I think a lot of people might be interested in this, but most people I know don’t buy their music from Walmart or BestBuy.

I work with some of the outlets I mentioned in my earlier post. And no contact has been made, that I have heard of. I dont mind buying from wal-mart or best buy, I just do so online.

I have a large problem with the slotMusic encoding format. Its junk! If im going to pay the same amount as a cd i want it to be at least the same quality if not better why are these only coming with mp3 files on them as there is enough room to allow the album to be encoded to flac as well. This is the same issue i have with the iTunes store and amazon. Im better off buying the cd and encoding it myself so i have the full quality avaible.

And this has to do with Artists available on SlotMusic cards how exactly?

@psywiped wrote:

I have a large problem with the slotMusic encoding format. Its junk! If im going to pay the same amount as a cd i want it to be at least the same quality if not better why are these only coming with mp3 files on them as there is enough room to allow the album to be encoded to flac as well. This is the same issue i have with the iTunes store and amazon. Im better off buying the cd and encoding it myself so i have the full quality avaible.

Back on topic. Are there any plans to release more slotMusic cards? It seems as though there haven’t been any releases since 2008–please correct me if I’m wrong.

I think that if you want this product to be successful, you need sign up more artists, no?