sansa wont connect to computer

My computer can't find my sansa mp3 player model e280v2 when connected. It is not listed when go to devise management. do not know what else to do.

SanDisk Guru

Re: sansa wont connect to computer

Have you tried a diffferent USB port, computer or cable? Or switching to MSC mode?

I have a simular issue. My Sansa e280 does in fact charge, but I cannot get PCs to Recog the player itself with the msg of USB Device not recognized. so currently I have my video clips and mp3s on there but I cannot access them for removal and replacement. I have in fact checked on several different units including my laptop, my Home Office and here at work.

SanDisk Guru

I have a similar answer. Have you tried a different USB mode or a different cable?

I have, in fact I'm at home and attempting to install the firmware updater to see if that resolves it. But at current standing in no bueno at the moment. Still says USB Device not Recognized but still charges. 

.......I plug the Sansa in it will charge but does not show up on my computer as being plugged in and browseble. no has had this one before?

SanDisk Guru

This is usually due to a broken wire inside the cable or possibly a bent/broken pin inside the 30-pin port on the bottom of the player. The fact that it is charging without issue but does not make a data connection suggests this might be what's gling on.

Did you try a different cable? One that is known to work on another player? You might also get a flashlight or bright light and a magnifying glass and peek inside the bottom port to see if there is any lint, dirt  inside that could be blocking any of the pins connecting to the cable, or a bent one. Even if you don't see anything, you might try blowing out the port with compressed air to see if that helps.

Of course, it could still be that there's something awry further inside the player causing the disruption in connecting but frankly, if a new cable or a bent pin that you can straighten doesn't help, probably nothing will.

[ Edited ]

eh no, and I am unwilling to shell out for a replacement cord without determining fop sure w/o a doubt its a cord issue. Because I have a e280 and requires a specific cord that costs $. 

SanDisk Guru

Not that much really . . .

Here's one for a penny (+$2.98 shipping)

There's many more to coose from on Amazon, all fairly low prices.

I suddenly had the same problem!  After much ado, (sansa m240 I use for audio books) I finally found a fix.  Under "MTP Device Cannot Start code 10" error message (for use with windows XP, although I used it for Windows 7) it said:

1)Make sure you log in as administrator.

2)Disconnect player from pc

3)Open your command prompt, Click START select RUN

4)Type cmd then press enter

5)Type the following after the prompt: Net localgroup Administrators local service /add then press Enter.

NOTE: A "The command completed successfully" message should appear. Your must type in perfectly

6)Close the command prompt and reconnect the Sansa player.

Worked for me.  r