Sansa i've had it

I’m P.O. about the quality of my sansa products

i just got a connect barly a month ago at this point and it’s giving me and error message and i can’t do ANYTHING at all

WHY ODES THAT NOT SURPRISE ME?

cuase SANSA SEEMS TO MAKE ■■■■ MP3 PLAYERS

my sansa m240 was a PITA and after the first 1 broke and was replaced due tocrappy hardware the seoncd 1 had the EXACT same problem as the first and died about 4 monthsafter i got it. RIP sansa #2

then i got a C250 2 gig, worked nicely until the headphone jack broke, once again replaced without much trouble(sansa tech support seems to be the only good thing they do) the second 1 mysteriously stopped working,so u was emailed the firmware,added that and now i can’t hold any music at all

next up was a sansa connect(why the hell i decided to give sansa 1 last chance i have no idea must’ve been some extreme insanity) 

first off N FM RADIO, only crappy online radio which cannot be used in a large are, cannot be used while moving much, and has to have an OPEN network as well as the passcode for it assuming it’s a locked network, how’s stupid idea was that?

then it only works with Yahoo radio which blows anywaybut then cuase it’s wifi ■■■■■ even more!

then it’s go no sleep time or auto off time, handy tools i miss them a lot and the battery get’s drained alot cuase it goes to stupid “sleep mode” instead of off 

It also is a bugger to play videos on they ahve to be a certain format and if they aren’t exactly as it wants it will not play them

also it is a pain in the ass to get hooked up right to the computer

First you have to turn it off, then plug it in to a powered USB port

then let it take like 5 minutes to boot up and then you can sync, which btw is also as slow as molasses in a blizzard in canada

and god forbid you try to sync 2 things at one time, 1 will freez midway switch to the otherand dance around liek that until they are both done

SANSA I HATE YOUR PRODUCKS THEY ARE COMPLETE ■■■■(note i’m only using ■■■■ so they don’t edit this message my real feeling are much stronger) AND ARE NOT WORTH THE SPACE THEY TAKEUP NOR THEIR WEIGHT IN POOP

sansa, your horrible products have lost my business and that of my family and many freinds who have seent he ■■■■ i put up with to better companies and better products like the creative zen

goodbye and good riddance

You bought the Sansa Connect expecting it to have an FM Radio, then got angry when you found out it doesn’t have one?  And you blame Sandisk?  Can’t you read the outside of the box?

no i know it didn’t have it but it woudl have been nice of them to put it in for the $150 they charge for it

im gonna have to agree wtih promised planet.

research your products before you buy them, dont blame the manufacter for being uneducated on their products when all the info you need is at your disposal. (or by possibly just calling 866.SanDisk)

They charge 150 for wifi abilities (not many players can connect to wifi)

I’m not really sure what’s so “stupid” about requiring a password to access a password-protected network, either.  What’s the alternative?

"also it is a pain in the ass to get hooked up right to the computer

First you have to turn it off, then plug it in to a powered USB port"

You don’t have to turn the Connect off to sync it over USB.

And good luck finding a player that will work with an UNpowered USB port (assuming you can find such a thing as an unpowered USB port … maybe you could snip a few wires …)

I coulda sworn SanDisk made mp3 players, I didn’t even know there was a company called Sansa that made them too!

But in all seriousness, noting on the box indicated FM Radio, like all the other products clearly state. If the player is having technical problems, that’s what the recovery tool is for… fixes almost EVERYTHING…

And if you run your wireless network open without a password… I’d start charging the people who are undoubtedly leeching of your open signal 

that’s not stupid about needing a password to get on the net but to only work on OPEN networks not shared or both is stupid

and OPEN doesn’t mean unencrypted like Apix seems to think, it will work on encypted network but there are 3 ways of setting a network, open, shared and both, this player limits it to open networks only

Sansa seems to make the MP3 players while Sandisk seems to make any other flash stuff, usb drives, ect

well when it dies before you can even connect it to your computer the recovery tool is useless

i’ve tred a few video converters, not that 1 yet but i will, thanks

and i did find this somewhere deep hiden ont he sansa website but ont he box it just says MP4

“Video: AVI, DAT, ASF, QuickTime MOV and WMV, MPEG-1 & MPEG-2 (in MPEG, MPG, MPE or VOB unprotected), MPEG-4 in AVI”

“You don’t have to turn the Connect off to sync it over USB.”

if i don’t it won’t let me sync, viewing the files take literally forever and when i try to synce i get an error basically saying the device isn’t there (and yes it i, the cord is not loose or cut or anything it is there"

i did reasearch it quiet a bit, the 3D views and all that too even talked to a guy i know that has 1 (how by the way wasn’t too happy with not having FM either but could live with it)

the OPEN network only thing limits the networks you can get on and the yahoo only radio cut it down even more and then of cource it’s wifi which is a crapshoot anywahy usually but this thing seems to have a weak wireless chip in it, so i’m not exactly angry it didn’t have fm just that the wireless isn’t very goodif it wasn’t limited in the wifi radio capablities it would be very nice

Sansa seems to make the MP3 players while Sandisk seems to make any other flash stuff, usb drives, ect

Sandisk makes a line of MP3 players with names containing two words, Sansa and Connect/Clip/Fuze etc.  Strange, huh?  As if they have another line of MP3 players.  It’s confused a lot of people.

well when it dies before you can even connect it to your computer the recovery tool is useless

What do you mean by “it dies”?

“You don’t have to turn the Connect off to sync it over USB.”

if i don’t it won’t let me sync, viewing the files take literally forever and when i try to synce i get an error basically saying the device isn’t there (and yes it i, the cord is not loose or cut or anything it is there"

You’ve got some problem with your particular setup, as you’re the first person to say you need to turn off the Connect for it to sync.  Either your Connect has a hardware problem, or you need to update the firmware, or it’s not getting enough power from the USB port, or there’s something wrong with your MTP installation.

i did reasearch it quiet a bit, the 3D views and all that too even talked to a guy i know that has 1 (how by the way wasn’t too happy with not having FM either but could live with it)

When you did your research, what led you to believe it had FM radio?

the OPEN network only thing limits the networks you can get on and the yahoo only radio cut it down even more and then of cource it’s wifi which is a crapshoot anywahy usually but this thing seems to have a weak wireless chip in it, so i’m not exactly angry it didn’t have fm just that the wireless isn’t very goodif it wasn’t limited in the wifi radio capablities it would be very nice

I don’t find the wireless chip to be weak at all.  I can walk about 100 feet away from my house and still get a good music stream.  Maybe it’s your router?

Excuse me, but what do you mean by “open” “shared” or “both”?  I’ve been a wifi tech for four years and I’ve never heard of “shared” let alone “both” in this context.  If by “shared” you’re referring to Ad-Hoc…  well, *most* embedded devices won’t connect to them either, and relatively speaking, few people actually use them.  I’m lost on “both.”  Infrastructure-mode networks can have very interesting topologies, but they can’t be set up for Infrastructure and Ad-Hoc both at the same time.

The Connect should only have trouble connecting to APs that use a web-based authentication scheme (like Panera Bread asking you to agree to terms and conditions, or Starbuck’s asking you to log into your account.)  This isn’t unique to the Connect; in most cases, if you aren’t using a laptop or a really good PDA, you’re pretty much screwed with these networks because you need a full web browser to make it work.  Even still, this can be worked around if you do have a laptop, through the wonders of MAC spoofing.

Just to clarify my “I didn’t know there’s a company called Sansa that makes mp3 players” statement, was laced with sarcasm… heavily… to almost a lethal level. As stated above SanDisk makes flashdrives, mp3 players, solid state drives for laptops, etc. Sansa is nothing more than a line of thier products… kinda like Chevrolet makes Trailblazer… Trailblazer isn’t a car manufacturer… …

I think by shared, he may be referring to a Shared key… but I have no clue what a “both” wifi connection is… … 

I’ve

I’ve had a sansa connect since January and i stil havent ben able to connect to wireless internet or to wifi. I only have 110 songs downloaded and it took a half a day to get those to download. I’m beginning to feel like sansa is a bunch of **bleep**. I pay for the yahoo unlimited service but every time i try to dwnload music it tels me i have to subscribe to unlimited to go. I’m extremely pissed. I’ve called tech support and evrythng. At least you got new products; i just wasted $135 on some **bleep** that doesn’t so what its supposed to do. i agree, sansa aint **bleep**

It

Im not happy with mine either, i keep getting the error screen and i cant go into flickr anymore. Not only that but my computer still doesnt recognizes it, i have to go to my brothers computer to transfer music and he has media player 9 and i have media player 10. I tried the recovery tool and holding the power botton for 30 seconds and it still doesnt work on my computer.

LDR, what window did you use? I think Connect require win xp sp2.

It’ll work with Vista, too.  System requirements are shown here:

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/ProductInfo.aspx?ID=2372

I think a lot of times when people have problems syncing music to an MTP player like the Connect, the problem is a bad MTP installation.  [Re]installing Windows Media Player will usually do the trick.

Are you typing in your WEP key passphrase or the converted hex key? Is your network secured to only allow approved MAC addresses? If its open, does the Connect go onto your WiFi network?

And why are you pissed and SanDisk, for Yahoo telling you, you need a different subscription…? 

The point is that the Connect is the same as any other WiFi-enabled media player (iPod Touch, Sirius Stiletto, Nokia N800 etc.) when it comes to connecting to your network.  It’s no more difficult or buggy.  If you’re having problems connecting to your WiFi network, it’s an issue with your network, not the Connect.

I have Windows XP SP2 and windows media player 10. 

I agree with Alpha1, SANSA’S PRODUCTS ■■■■!

i am on my m240 #2, and i am fed up!

I hate the automatic shut off when i pause it for over a minute, and how i cant make playlists because “the button” i need to press to do so doesnt respond to that…I cant delete songs unless i plug it in to my computer, and i have a mystery song that i deleted weeks ago that just poped up on my mp3, and when i plug it in the stupid song disappears!

I am not happy with this product, and am going to get a new music player as soon a possible!

maybe an IPOD! my friends have them and so far, they dont make anyone want to rip their hair out just to listen to music!!!    :angry: