playing audio books

YesterdayI downloaded audio books from WPLC digital books to Overdrive media Console. These books are usable for 7days, then the license expires. After I put them on my sansa express and tried to play them I got the message: License expired. Anyone know what I can do about this problem. Thanks

Did you sync the books to the device using the audio player?

you acquire the license in Overdrive before you download

Ensure you are transfering the music/books to the Express by using a program, such as Windows Media Player 10 or 11

Here are the links for Videos on how to transfer

WMP10 Transfer   WMP11 Transfer

I’ve downloaded 2 different books from the library to my sansa express and both times I’ve received the error message “license expired”.  I’ve read here that I should sync my files, how do I do that?  The file plays fine if I play it through my computer (i.e. go to the USB and play the MP3 file thru there)

Thanks for your help!

My advice:  Buy another brand of mp3 player or go back to books on tape or–here’s an idea:  reading test. 

I have the same problem and have tried everything, enlisting help from SanDisk, my library, and Windows Media Player.  I have synchronized, obtained license, bought a second SanDisk, different model, and stood on my head and spit nickels.  What a grand waste of time and money!

I am sure there must be an answer to this problem, but many people have encountered it and I haven’t found an answer yet that works for me.  I am not an easy quitter, and I have a phd in genetics.  Have worked with computers for many years–but this one has me tied in knots because of the lack of workable options.  It just plain stinks–such great promises, and it’s all costly BS if it doesn’t work.

The stupidest answer was to play the book while the MP3 player is attached to your computer.  Sure it works, but then what’s the point of having the MP3 player?!  You can just dl the book to the computer and listen with speakers or earphones.  I bought the player for portability.

I am not an easy quitter, and I have a phd in genetics. Have worked with computers for many years–but this one has me tied in knots because of the lack of workable options.

@dannygallegos essayhave

Sounds great that you have phd in genetics! I guess your dissertation was very interesting. What did you write about?