no MTP detection with WMP 12

hello there,

i used my fuze+ some month without problems on my win7 (64 bit) -laptop with the windows media player 12. the os detected the player without problems and so did the wmp. one week ago i had to make a new install and now i can´t use the fuze+ anymore in MTP-mode. msc is no problem, the drive is detected as a device and i can drag my stuff manual but i would like to use it with the wmp as i did all the time.

in detail, when i change the usb mode to MTP and connect the device to my laptop, the following happens:

• the system tries to update drivers from the internet but fails every time

• in my device manager the fuze+ is listed as “mtp-usb-device” with an exclamation mark

• reinstalling the driver via internet dosn´t work

some days ago i changed to the actual firmware.

is there anything i can do to use my fuze like in the “older days”?

greetings, johannes

Try everything on this link:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42

Usually, I try to uninstall it on the device manager then use a different USB port. Make sure your laptop is connected to a power source or if your using a PC, use back usb ports.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I’ve had this problem once before, with Windows XP. Apparently there is some kind of wierd but going on. :cry:   What I did was this…

Go into the device manager and right click on the player, and select “Update Drivers”. Browse for drivers manually, and you should get to a screen that shows compatible drivers alread (pre)installed on your system. Select “MTP Device”. Click next, and wait for it to install the drivers. *Hopefully* this will make you computer recognize the Fuze+, and you can use it just like before. Why either of us needs to be put through this process is beyond me.

Please note that if you ever connect any other MTP devices, you will have to repeat the same process, assuming it worked the first time.

heyho,

much thanks for the answers. the problem is solved. i had to reinstall win 7 another time due to some complications with a broken harddisk. now i connected the fuze+ and it works without problems … really strange stuff

@zeroonline wrote:

heyho,

much thanks for the answers. the problem is solved.

Good for you. Now, if we could only make drilling oil that simple. :smileyvery-happy:

I do uninstall it on the device manager then use a different USB port.