jpg image issue

Hello, Just bought 16GB version and installed latest firmware. haven’t see problems others have (time problem, etc) but one thing bugs me. Maybe it is not fuze+ issue, but I would like to check. So: I saved image as jpg 320x240 pixels 72px/inch. I used GIMP image software. As you know GIMP save image in it’s native format, but use export function to save image in other formats (jpg, tif, etc.). Saved image in Photo directory of fuze+. Player didn’t recognize image. Then I used one trick I learned, when image is saved wrongly (for example jpg image which was saved with tif file extension or like). That is, I opened image in windows native image viewer and without any manipulation just click “Save as” option and saved image as jpgwith same name (rewriting image). After that fuze+ recognized image and use it without problem. So, my question is are there some particular requirements jpg image must fulfill to be recognized by fuze+. That is, I want to check if GIMP jpg export made problem, or there is some particular fuze+ requirements for jpg images? About fuze+ itself. I compare it with my Sony NWZ-A816 player (more than 6 years old). I bought fuze+ to replace that Sony player which started to show its age (battery start to show it is losing capacity). After comparing those two, my next player will most likely be Sony again. Even NWZ-E, that is entry level of Sony players. Nothing against fuze+, but files manipulation and mechanical (button) player controls, at least for me, are better with Sony. Sound quality too, I tested both players with AKG (in ear) and Pioneer (over ear, HiFi) headphones. But, sound at fuze+ is not reason for give it bad remarks, sound quality is quite good for me. So let say sound quality is OK when compared with Sony. No, I do not have problems with touch controls of fuze+, but with Sony mechanical button controls I can operate player without need to look at screen, and how files are managed also is, for me, better with Sony player. But, I will continue to use fuze+ of course, until I need to replace it. Then it will be Sony again, especially if there will be no new, better Sansa player. Most likely I will buy after some time Sony player and use it together with fuze+, as I can find use for both players. I will not put Rockbox in fuze + until all functions are 100% supported. If than not happen, if Rockbox for fuze+ stays as it is now, I will not use Rockbox. Greetings and thanks.

JPG is short for JPEG.As an acronym for the Joint Photographic Experts Group, JPEG is the standard image compression format for digital photography (image) created by this JPEG committee. More about jpg codec in.NET here.Commonly, JPEG uses lossy compression, which means that some original image information is lost and cannot be restored, possibly affecting image quality.

JPEG is one of the popular formats for storing and sending images on the Internert, which is capable of storing & compressing true color images with 24 bits per pixel (eight each of red, green, and blue) and gray-scale images with 8 bits per pixel.about jpg

When you export the image, make sure the Progressive option in the Export Dialog (or whatever you call it) is unchecked. The Fuze+, like many other devices, cannot read progressive JPEG’s. Pretty much every non-progressive jpeg I’ve thrown at it was worked just fine.

Also, some of your concerns might be solved by installing Rockbox. It has better touchpad control, a 10-band fully parametric Equalizer, dual booting (so you can use it and the Sansa firmware on the same unit), as well as plenty of other features. Also, it costs nothing, and takes only minutes to (un)install. Plus, recent versions have been known to have better battery efficiency than the Sandisk firmware