e280 can`t delete

I just added a few more songs to my e280. I cant see the new songs in the libery on it, but i can when they are connected to my PC. And then i figured "hey i can delete all the songs on it and add them again". But now i face the problem that i cant delete them.

I had a problem like this a few years ago, but i forgot how to fix it!

And on a second thought i would like to format it. but im not sure on witch mode i should do it in, MSC or MTP. and im afraid to clean the whole thing for all the system files aswell.

Would like some help asap : )

@mpn wrote:

I just added a few more songs to my e280. I can`t see the new songs in the libery on it, but i can when they are connected to my PC.

Do you have a listing ‘Unknown’? If so, it means your songs are there, but your player cannot decypher the ID3 tag. You’ll have to edit the tag and/or change the format to one that can be read (ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1).

@mpn wrote:

And on a second thought i would like to format it. but im not sure on witch mode i should do it in, MSC or MTP. and im afraid to clean the whole thing for all the system files aswell.

Which version of e280 do you have, v1 or v2? V2 models have a Format function in Settings > System Settings. Formatting will erase all ‘user-added content’, but not the firmware or operating files.

If you’re going to format via Windows, format it as FAT32 in MSC mode. Don’t use MTP.

@mpn wrote:

I just added a few more songs to my e280. I can`t see the new songs in the libery on it, but i can when they are connected to my PC.

Do you have a listing ‘Unknown’? If so, it means your songs are there, but your player cannot decypher the ID3 tag. You’ll have to edit the tag and/or change the format to one that can be read (ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1). MP3Tag is great for this.

@mpn wrote:

Which version of e280 do you have, v1 or v2? V2 models have a Format function in Settings > System Settings. Formatting will erase all ‘user-added content’, but not the firmware or operating files.

If you’re going to format via Windows, format it as FAT32 in MSC mode. Don’t use MTP.

99% sure that it is a V1.

But if i format with windows the system files on it aint gona be removed?

@mpn wrote:

99% sure that it is a V1.

But if i format with windows the system files on it aint gona be removed?

Only if you let Windows format the 16MB partition while connected in Recovery Mode. Towards the end of this post are instructions detailing how to force the player to format itself (if it’s a v1). You can ignore (or save for another time if needed) how to manually install the firmware. Basically, you create a blank file, naming it ‘sansa.fmt’ (w/o quotes) and place it in the 16MB partition/folder/what-have-you. When it restarts after disconnecting, that file will tell the player to format itself.

Careful though, not to run the Windows format function in this partition though, or you _ will _ wipe out the operating files.