e280 MTP on Vista 64Bit issues

I truly tried to resolve this doing hours of research on the web, but can’t get it.

I’ve got an e280 wth 2Gig microSD that I’d like to run in MTP mode in Vista 64.  When connected the Device Manager shows MTP device with the exclamation point.  I saw the solution to force USB Mass Storage drivers, but there is not such drivers in Vista 64 that I could see.

I saw another thread suggesting reinstalling WMP 11, but couldn’t see where to uninstall it.  It’s not in Programs and Features.  WMP11 doesn’t even show in the “View installed updates”.

I’d run it in MSC mode, but I want the device to show as one 10Gig device in WMP11 than two drives.

@willgill wrote:

I’d run it in MSC mode, but I want the device to show as one 10Gig device in WMP11 than two drives.

It’s still going to show as 2 drives in MTP mode in WMP. You have to tell it where to sync your music to, player or card.

MSC is much easier, and has far fewer problems. The only real reason to use MTP is if you are dealing with DRM music from sources such as Rhapsody or Napster.

I could have sworn in Windows XP that the Sansa showed up at one 10Gig device in MTP mode, not an 8Gig and a 2Gig.  Having two drives is a pain.

@willgill wrote:
.  Having two drives is a pain.

But can you imagine the system deciding where your music goes?
Then you pull out the microSD to swap with another and some of your music is gone but some isn’t? And you never know which? :wink:

Actually, I’d LOVE a system where I don’t know which place the music is at.  Why do I care?  MicroSD is cheap.  I leave it in there all the time.  Now I’ve got to worry about space limits on two drives instead of one space.  I’m working out a system that works for me.

I’m putting my workout music on the small drive and top rated songs on the larger.  Awkward, but it works.