e260r no cd?? old player hook up please work

I have a long history with sansa products lol. I lost my new View so I dug up my old e260r [looks like an old View model but it’s not] and plugged it in. It’s obviously not recgonized by windows anymore but I assume it can still charge itself, yes? I see the little electric bolt symbol being displayed on the LED screen so assume it’s charging.

My question is, what do I need to download to get this old player working again so I can transfer songs? I went to the download wizard and got the “Sansa Firmware Updater - General” at 3.1 mb. Will this fix things or do I need something else? All I want is the ability to charge the unit and tranfer mp3s.

Thanks and I’ll read the stickies.

n88tr wrote:

My question is, what do I need to download to get this old player working again so I can transfer songs?

. . . and I’ll read the stickies.

Nothing.

If you read the stickies, you’ll see that you can update the firmware manually; no Updater needed.

And if you really want to get down to it, you don’t even have to do that. It worked fine just as it was out of the box; it still should. :wink:

n88tr wrote:

My question is, what do I need to download to get this old player working again so I can transfer songs?

. . . and I’ll read the stickies.

Nothing.

If you read the stickies, you’ll see that you can update the firmware manually; no Updater needed.

And if you really want to get down to it, you don’t even have to do that. It worked fine just as it was out of the box; it still should. You may need to switch it to MSC mode though. :wink:

Settings/USB Mode in the r units are Rhapsody/PlaysforSure. Switch to Rhapsody (=MSC) mode.