cannot charge up new SanSansa clip zip mp3. Pressed settings and nothing worked.

Please help!

I just got a San Sansa clip zip mp3.  I have XP desk top.  I tried to charge it  up but it did not work. I also tried it again for the msc mode. I unplugged it  but  I pressed settings and nothing happened.    Is it compatible with XP?   What can I do?

:angry:

@elena38 wrote:

Please help!

I just got a San Sansa clip zip mp3.  I have XP desk top.  I tried to charge it  up but it did not work. I also tried it again for the msc mode. I unplugged it  but  I pressed settings and nothing happened.    Is it compatible with XP?   What can I do?

:angry:

How do you know it’s not charging?  It’s charging is if you see the battery indicator flashing/moving in the upper right hand corner.  The unit is compatible with any USB 2.0 capable version of Windows, which inclues Win2k, XP, Vista and Win7.  I’ve used mine with all of those Windoze OS’s.  Outside of the flashing indicator you won’t get any visual indication it’s not charging.  To make sure it’s connected and talking to the USB port on your PC the display should switch to “Transfering” in the display.  If you see that, it’s charging.

Yes it is compitable with XP and moreover check your connections nicely and check if there is not any loose connections

Answered in your duplicate post

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Zip/new-sandisk-​clip-zip-mp3-settings-buttons-do-not-work/m-p/253…

I got a the same mp3 player for Christmas. I don’t know why but since my computer did not charge it properly, I have a USB thingy that I plug the chargr into it. Then I judt have to plug it into the wall. Also, it does not  make sence but every time I look how much power it has left, it says either: 11%, 22%, 33%, 44%, 55%, 66%, 77%, 88%, 99%, or 100%. For some reason it never is 54% as an example. Does anyone know why and how to fix it?

I left my Sandisk zip plugged in USB port for 3 days but the battery was low after 10 minutes of playing.

So I plugged it in again and it appears to have charged up again.

How did you get a reading for percent charged?

On the player, under System Settings, there is an Info screen, which gives the percentage battery charge (among other things). 

Or if connected in MTP mode, Windows will show you the percentage of charge by right-clicking on the player’s icon and selecting Properties. It won’t do this if you use MSC mode.

Be aware though, there is a Win 7 bug that prevents accurate battery monitoring while charging.