available space

I can’t figure out why my 4GB Sansa Clipz will only let me load 1 GB of books before I get an ‘no more room’ message. Any help with this?

My old Sansa was a 2GB and I could get twice as many books on it!  I thought I was upgrading!!!

Thanks,

Joyce

The number of books has nothing to do with the number or size of the files you are attempting to put on it.

And without looking to see how much space is used and how much space is available, no one can answer your question. Maybe you thought you deleted some books, but they’re still there? Maybe you’re using a Mac and thought you deleted some books, but did not empty you Trash while the player was still connected, and the files are still there?

Note also that the Clkip Zip accepts an external micro SD card, so you can add to your available memory space, and are not limited to whatever the internal memory size is.

@tapeworm wrote:

The number of books has nothing to do with the number or size of the files you are attempting to put on it.

To be fair to the OP, he/she noted the memory size availability issue and was not focusing on the number of books–I think that the reference to the number of books simply was “shorthand” for the issue.

My guess is, there is other “stuff” on the player taking up space.  To make it easy, I might suggest a simple reformat of the player under the player’s Settings, to clear the stuff away.  (Note:  as this will erase the user ocntent on the player, transfer anything you want to save to your computer first.)  Hopefully, that will give the OP smooth sailing. 

Okay - I use Window Media Player so it tells you how much space is available when I plug in the player. I delete the books thru Media Player too. When there is NO music and NO books in the player, it tells me there is 1 GB of space available. Where else can I look? Media Player shows no files as does the player.

I’m not on a Mac and I have been using MP3s to listen to books for 10 years. My ollllllllld sansa was a 2GB and I could fill it with books - never had this problem. I upgraded from a 2 to a 4 GB so I don’t think I should have to get an SD card! I’d be perfectly happy just getting 4 GB of books which I cannot do now.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Joyce

That worked! I now have 3.6GB of space for books! Thank you for understanding :slight_smile:

The only wonky thing that I do not understand is that of the 3 books I loaded, 2 went to ‘albumbs’ where books usually go, but one is only visable under ‘artists’. All three are WMA books - any idea what happend and how I can fix this?

Thanks again!

Joyce

Personally, I simply copy and paste my files to where I want them on the player–no so-called music management software needed, and I’m in control.

Copy and paste doesn’t work with library books. I have to use their software - OverDrive Media - to transfer the books to my player.  Since all the new release books are free I’m fine with having to look for the books. It just never happened before that all the transfers did not go into the same folder. I’m just happy to have my 4 GB - thanks again!

Joyce