audiobook bookmarking and loading on memory card

I tried chatting with tech help box that was a waste of time.

Can you load a book or podcast on a memory card, access it under the podcast or audiobook folder that is in the zip?

Can you bookmark/save your place and come back a a later time and resume play where you left off? I was told this is not an option in any sansa player but I use this feature almost every day with my fuze.

Dave

You can do both things.

Now, that was easy! :slight_smile:

What is the nature of the bookmark?  Is it like the Fuze and Clip+ where it automatically highlights the last thing you were listening to in an Podcast or Audiobook “album”, or is it like the Fuze+ where you actunally have to know which track you left off on, and only then will it allow you to resume?  Or perhaps there is just a list of bookmarks you can choose?

The Clip Zip “steals” your podcast playlist and places the reference titles under books > podcasts, as long as the genre field in the ID3 tags is entered as "podcast".

It’s the same for audiobook files with the genre entered as “audiobook”.

This “quirk” in navigation can be seen on the Clip+ and Clip Zip, if you go to Music > Playlists > and open your podcast title.  The Clip Zip will  display <Empty> in this location, but your books and podcasts will be available under Books > Audiobooks or Podcasts.  On the Fuze+, we have a “dual” navigation capability, as the files can be found via either location.

If your podcasts or audiobooks are on the micro SD card , they can be found via Card from the main menu, or via Books.

For either genre , on the Clip Zip, you will have time elapsed / time remaining displayed, and an automatic bookmark at the last played position.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Just get a mp3 player from creative - this solves all audiobook bookmarking issues because it works on there devices.

fuze+ is a joke

I’ll bet it works on their devices as well.

:stuck_out_tongue:

@brhartin wrote:

Just get a mp3 player from creative - this solves all audiobook bookmarking issues because it works on there devices.

fuze+ is a joke

wouldnt it be great to have the same automatic bookmarking and resume mechanism  on the fuze+ as on the other sansas like clip, clip+, clipzip and the old fuze? For listening to multipart mp3 audiobooks the fuze+ is pretty useless, especially if you have more than one book on your player. When i bought the fuze+ i thought the features would be the same as in my clip+, but i was sooo wrong :cry: 

I agree about the Fuze+, which I bought after owning an original Clip for a couple of years.  Bookmarking (so-called) is a complete joke.

Legman coverage