a service installation section in this inf is invalid?

HI all. I’ve searched around the for a solution to this problem…yet no one seems to have a clear answer. I have the sansa express and when I try to install it, I get this message:

a service installation section in this inf is invalid

Does anyone know the steps I can take to fix this problem?

Thanks

I just got a 4g clip and am having the same problem. 

Try this:  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A2E73160-E862-4F19-BB26-C0CAFE798955&displaylang=en

I tried using that link, but there is not instruction after the download. I tried to follow the instalation wizard o the My computer manager device screen, but still getting the same inf invalid error.  somebody please help.

thank you

Install Windows Media Player 11 (WMP11).  Then control panel->add hardware and follow those instructions to try to add the device again.

I have had the same problem for months now. I have tried everything on every forum I can find and nothing has worked. I can charge the player just fine but not with a PC. I can not add or manage any music and cannot read the inserted micro-SD card anywhere except on the player itself. I believe something is corrupt in the player but there is no way to confirm this. I really like this little player but if it is going to give me trouble all the time I am going to have to find another brand. Any OTHER ideas?

Ah, the intricacies of Windows and drivers.

Here is a file from Microsoft that may help you, it’s an executable file (simple click-and-run operation).

Framework patch.

It looks like one of the “information” files may have been corrupted on your PC, leading to this error.  In the past, I’ve simply reinstalled Windows Media Player, or updated the application.

After running the executable, try pliugging in your Sansa again.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Ah, the intricacies of Windows and drivers.

Here is a file from Microsoft that may help you, it’s an executable file (simple click-and-run operation).

Framework patch.

It looks like one of the “information” files may have been corrupted on your PC, leading to this error.  In the past, I’ve simply reinstalled Windows Media Player, or updated the application.

After running the executable, try pliugging in your Sansa again.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

11-24-11  thank tou bob !!  that fixed it for me, win-xp.