Zip Clip: Fading Red Screen, was color just 4 days ago.

Product: Sansa Zip Clip +

Purchased at Costco. (they no longer carry it… wonder why)

Appx Age:   3 months!

5 days ago: color and everything seemed to be working right.

then the next day, after charging it up on my laptop (done it before), screen was all red, and it was fading

I played it again that evening. About all I do is play music on it.  The video screen is useless.

Today, it wouldn’t play, and it’s becoming much more difficult to even SEE what’s on the screen.  In fact, I CAN’T see anything now.

I am charging it on my computer.    I will let it charge for a few hours.

I have tried some of the reset features suggested to no avail.

This product is defective and will be returned… it no longer works to my expectations, and unless sandisk can convince me their product is superior their competition, I will not be purchasing another sandisk player.    

@steinbok wrote:

Product: Sansa Zip Clip +

Purchased at Costco. (they no longer carry it… wonder why)

Appx Age:   3 months!

5 days ago: color and everything seemed to be working right.

then the next day, after charging it up on my laptop (done it before), screen was all red, and it was fading

This product is defective and will be returned… it no longer works to my expectations, and unless sandisk can convince me their product is superior their competition, I will not be purchasing another sandisk player.    

It’s obvious this player is defective and should be returned. If you return it to Costco, since they don’t carry it any more, you’ll most likely get your money back which you can take and buy whatever replacement player you want.

If however, you liked the player (before this fading screen issue), you can contact SanDisk Tech Support and they will replace it under warranty.

Good luck in whatever you decide. :smiley: