Why not refresh your media with the pc power and not the mp3 player?

Hi,

The ideia was, Why not refresh your media with the pc power and not the mp3 player? or do some kind of manual refresh only on the folders that as been changed… If it is possible to do that on the pc, I can write the program in C, Python or C++ (or another), anyone have some information that help?

The best would be if the mp3 player do the refresh of the media in background and only of the changed folders AND keep the possibility of doing it manual AND on the pc with some kind of script. 

And if you could make the start fastarter, you will have the perfect mp3 player! (Sansa Clip Zip)

thanks,

carlosf

Rockbox can do the refresh in the background.

I know. But I want to keep the warranty and the sansa firmware, I like it, in general, but there are some exeptions that, if I can fix, I will.

@carlosf wrote:

I know. But I want to keep the warranty and the sansa firmware, I like it, in general, but there are some exeptions that, if I can fix, I will.

Not to criticize your talents, but if what you are suggesting were possible, I’m sure the geeks at SanDisk or Rockbox would’ve already figured out a way to do it.

@carlosf wrote:

or do some kind of manual refresh only on the folders that as been changed

If I recall correctly, that’s what my original iRiver hard drive player did (I can’t recall, though, if that was with the original firmware or with Rockbox).  It indeed seems possible.  

@carlosf wrote:

or do some kind of manual refresh only on the folders that as been changed

If I recall correctly, that’s what my original iRiver hard drive jukebox player did (I can’t recall, though, if that was with the original firmware or with Rockbox).  It indeed seems possible.  

Rock box have a good solution, and I can adapte that, rockbox is open-source, I can make my version of it… What I’m trying and (maybe) can do is create a solution that not uses the firmware directly. Using the pc to change the library files can be possible, so as make the mp3 not do the refresh… Changing the firmware is not a solution to me, is a sugestion only.