White Border Around Album Art

I’m not sure if its supposed to be this way, but I noticed that a big white border is around my album art while listening to music. I thought it may be due to the fact that the album art is not big enough to be fully displayed. I use Rhapsody so the album art might just be too small. Unfortunately, I do not know how to change this. Anyone else notice the big white border?

i noticed that too especially with FLACs. Have you tried the new firmware yet? I haven’t yet.

It depends on the album art resolution. If the resolution is smaller than the area available it it will have a white border. 

The choice here would be to have

1. the album artwork will change size and only display the actual size of the album art. be aware this will be a little inconsistent if your files have different album art sizes  

2. have it as is and display a white border around the album art if it is not large enough to fill the entire area available. 

Let me know what you guys think and I can pass the information along to our firmware team. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

I have the new firmware update and it is still doing the same thing. I did notice, however, that only one of my album covers display properly. Not sure what made that one do it right lol.

But I do think that if its possible in a firmware update, it should display the actual size of the album art so it can get rid of that white border. Or at least make the white border transparent or something. 

I don’t think you are correct. I just ran a test with one file and the cover size of my file is 600x600. On the Fuze+ there is a white border that takes up 50% of the image. Here are the details 

Audio

Format                           : MPEG Audio

Format version                   : Version 1

Format profile                   : Layer 3

Mode                             : Joint stereo

Duration                         : 7mn 32s

Bit rate mode                    : Constant

Bit rate                         : 320 Kbps

Channel(s)                       : 2 channels

Sampling rate                    : 44.1 KHz

Stream size                      : 17.2 MiB (97%)

Writing library                  : LAME3.98 

Encoding settings                : -m j -V 4 -q 3 -lowpass 20.5

Language                         : English

Why if it is 300 x 300 (or) 450 x 450 from amazon or anywhere like FreeDB or Itunes,  all standard non filtered or compressed jpg… that it is hit or miss?

I can see the jpg code in the mp3 file & the file is also located in the folder named folder (or whatever) & it reads on other devices like the Fuse V2, older than the fuse+

i’m still looking for the hidden line in the specifications from the manual,  that define album art requirements.

The white border is on a lot of my album art, and it can be really frustrating because it looks really sloppy, yet some album art displays perfectly.  I hope this is fixed somehow.  

I don’t like the white border.  I think the player should resize the artwork.  I use Rhapsody, and there are white borders around all albums, however, some have no border around the first song, and then there are borders around the remaining songs.  Here are a couple of examples of the latter group, if someone at Sansa wants to work with Rhapsody to investigate:  Pieta Brown- One and All, Shelby Lynn-  Suit Yourself.