Where do I download music/videos?

I didn’t have any idea this forum existed until now.  I’ve had my Sansa E280 since it came out and I’ve had a question about where can I download music and videos from?

I’ve usually only loaded from my computer…but I would like to add videos now…any suggestions?

Thank you!!!

Dolores

Depends on what kind of videos you want.

Short YouTube type, archived TV shows, full-length converted DVD movies, others?

If you’re ripping your own CDs & putting them on your player, that’s the most controllable and inexpensive way to go already. But there is no shortage of places to download tunes from. Of course all most of them cost $$ (except for the illegal file_stealing P2P sites).

As far as videos? Depends on what kind of videos you want.

Short YouTube type, archived TV shows, full-length converted DVD movies, others?

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 07-04-2009 10:39 AM

@tapeworm wrote:

If you’re ripping your own CDs & putting them on your player, that’s the most controllable and inexpensive way to go already. But there is no shortage of places to download tunes from. Of course all of them cost $$ (except for the illegal file_stealing P2P sites).

Not quite true. There are a number of sources for free, legal downloads. You can start here.

@gwk1967 wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

If you’re ripping your own CDs & putting them on your player, that’s the most controllable and inexpensive way to go already. But there is no shortage of places to download tunes from. Of course all of them cost $$ (except for the illegal file_stealing P2P sites).

Not quite true. There are a number of sources for free, legal downloads. You can start here.

Absolutely correct, George. I had a temporary memory lapse and forgot there were indeed free & legal places to download music. That’s what you get when you get up early to watch the opening stage of the Tour de France out here on the West Coast, and you’re already sleep-deprived and at a disadvantage from the ‘celebration’ at the compnay picnic yesterday. At least, that’s my story & I’m sticking to it!  :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for the correction & reminder. I’ve edited my previous post. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

the Tour de France out here on the West Coast,

What channel??  I’ve been looking and can’t find it on satellite!!!  :angry:

@autobahnsho wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Same place it’s been for quite a few years now. ‘Versus’ channel, which up to 2 years ago was ‘Outdoor Life Network’ (OLN).

Stage 1 starts tomorrow morning at 8:30 am Eastern time (5:30 am Pacific). Today was the Prologue; a 10 mi (15.5 km) individual time-trial. Interesting course in Monaco (some of the same streets they race the Formula 1 Grand Prix on). Lance did OK, but not as good as he expected; same with Levi and Alberto. Fabian Cancellara (Switzerland) had the shortest time, so will be the 1st Yellow Jersey wearer.

A lot of new, updated designs on th TT bikes this year; more so than I seen in the past. Much more streamlining. Oh, and they’re finally going to have a Team Time Trail this year. I’ve been bummed the last few years they haven’t included that discipline in the Tour. It’s one of my favorites to watch.

@autobahnsho wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Same place it’s been for quite a few years now. Versus channel, which up to 2 years ago was ‘Outdoor Life Network’ (OLN).

Stage 1 starts tomorrow morning at 8:30 am Eastern time (5:30 am Pacific). Today was the Prologue; a 10 mi (15.5 km) individual time-trial. Interesting course in Monaco (some of the same streets they race the Formula 1 Grand Prix on). Lance did OK, but not as good as he expected; same with Levi and Alberto. Fabian Cancellara (Switzerland) had the shortest time, so will be the 1st Yellow Jersey wearer.

A lot of new, updated designs on th TT bikes this year; more so than I seen in the past. Much more streamlining. Oh, and they’re finally going to have a Team Time Trail this year. I’ve been bummed the last few years they haven’t included that discipline in the Tour. It’s one of my favorites to watch.

@autobahnsho wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Same place it’s been for quite a few years now. Versus channel (#151 on Dish Network), which up to 2 years ago was ‘Outdoor Life Network’ (OLN).

Figures I don’t have that channel…   :angry: If I wasn’t broke I’d spring for the extra for amonth, but alas…

I guess I’ll be watching on teh interwebz.

I’m actually surprised Lance won. After the whole Italia thing, I’m going to be awfully surprised if he places in the top 5. Should be a fun tour to watch though, I saw (on TV) most of each of the tours he won. (Lived in Germany really close to several stages but never made it: broken car one year, stuck in training one year, hurt my back 2 days before going one year…  :angry: :angry: )

All depends which kind of things you need.