When will the new firmware be out

I want to download rhapsody subscription tracks to a microsd card, when will the new firmware which allows this be out?

Instead of waiting for the new firmware, you can always use a microSD flash card reader to load your subscription music on. 

-ML

Well, if you’d like to hear a rumor, I heard just last week from Support that they hope to release new firmware this month.  Yahoo Music Jukebox quietly released a small, required update today, and it made me think that it wasn’t just lip service that I heard.

Of course, no firmware upgrade followed, but I guess it’s at least some activity.

Actually you can’t use a microsd card reader to transfer subcription tracks on to it

I was told directly by support that they anticipate Nov. 6th or 7th for the new firmware update.

I’m not sure about Rhapsody subscription music, but with Yahoo Subscription music, I can transfer DRM protected Yahoo! subscription music files to a microSD card using a card reader. 

I just tested this on my device and the songs played on my Sansa Connect as I expected. 

-ML

music_legend wrote:

I’m not sure about Rhapsody subscription music, but with Yahoo Subscription music, I can transfer DRM protected Yahoo! subscription music files to a microSD card using a card reader. 

I just tested this on my device and the songs played on my Sansa Connect as I expected. 

-ML

mine as well.

So if that’s the case… we should be at the one week countdown.  I’m counting down the days!

@legion09 wrote:
I was told directly by support that they anticipate Nov. 6th or 7th for the new firmware update.

I dunno guys, I’m not sure I’m excited.

I mean, there’s the rhapsody support we all want,

and then there’s the promised catalog search feature that yahoo told us will happen.

but what about bug fixes? I mean, will the dreaded draino battery get fixed? or the 40% music not downloading bug? or the non-updating auto updating mixes?

I just feel like they’ll fix some DRM related stuff, but we won’t see it and be horribly dissapointed.

this is a one time shot- i’m guessing this is the last update to roll out for this product. so. bleh.

You might have a point, but you might not.  You should save your “bleh” for after the firmware is actually released.

Yeah- sorry. I try to be optimistic. But then I always get let down. Or was that pessimism? hmmm

It’s the 6th!!! Anybody getting any updates yet!?

Nothing for me yet.

@fredfredrickson wrote:
It’s the 6th!!! Anybody getting any updates yet!?

IM SO ANXIOUSSSSS!!!1111

after taking a quick look at the Connect’s Manual at this address there is mention of Video playback and Artist Search…

Maybe someone else can read the manual better and find other things that I missed

http://www.sandisk.com/sansa/assets/English/products/Connect/Connect-userguide_en.pdf

I think they recently updated their manual- none of this was here before!!! Maybe they’re getting ready to release the update now!!!

THIS IS HUGE!

the manual is now advertising mpeg-4 support as well as Yahoo Music Catalog searchability!!! HOLY COWW!!!11

Ok, my Connect just got done downloading it.  Upon restart of the Connect my PC said it found a new device.

Zap version: 1.1.1.50371r
OS version: 1.1.1.50239

Haven’t looked at any of the new features yet.

the new firmware has now been released.

What’s huge is the fact that I popped in my micro sdhc card and it works just fine. This means if you get an 8gb micro card then you would have 12gb’s worth of storage.