When will the Clip Zip be available in retail stores (Best Buy)?

I’ve been waiting to buy the Clip Zip in a retail store, but it still isn’t available at my local Best Buy, or other stores. They only offer it online for “ship to store”.

Is there some issue with the ship to store option?   Couldn’t you simply return the player at that point, if you didn’t like it?

Yes, I went to a Best Buy and paid for it. Then returned to pick it up a few days later when it shipped to the store.

Another possible solution…my local Radio Shack has the Clip Zip on the shelf now. I’m in AZ. So at least it seems that your local Radio Shack could bring one in from the warehouse for you if they are not yet putting it on the shelf. Most stores are probably trying to sell out of current inventory first, but they are available to the stores now via their warehouse.

Personally I like the Clip+ better. I’m waiting for a local store to offer a blowout price on these so I can buy a few back ups!

HTH

The Clip Zip is just beginning to arrive at local Best Buy retailers.  I’m noticing a hodgepodge of various colors being available locally.  Radio Shack made the 8G available locally first and received my business.

UPDATE: Haven’t confirmed with my eyes but local Costco are reporting Clip Zip available at retail warehouses.  No info on price.

I bought a Clip + last year at a Csotco. It was an 8Gb and was a *really* good price.

Yes, and sometimes Costco includes something extra with their electronics items.

The Clip Zip is available at my local Best Buy, so I picked one up today.

Thanks for the update. Various 4GB colors available at my local Best Buys as well (no 8GB’s, though).

Costco has the 8GB Clip Zip instore for $54USD.

No additional accessories other than standard that I could discern on the card.

What part of the country are you TonyBigs?

That’s about the same deal I got at costco last year on the Clip+. Basically upgraded memory to 8GB for about the 4GB retail price.

If anyone sees great deals on Clip+ closeouts, please post it here. I want a few of those before they are put out to pasture. It will be a good home for them, I promise.

@tonybigs wrote:

Costco has the 8GB Clip Zip instore for $54USD.

No additional accessories other than standard that I could discern on the card.

Cool price!    :slight_smile:

I’m in Texas.

@color43 wrote:

The Clip Zip is available at my local Best Buy, so I picked one up today.

Nice to know that the Clip Zip is available in stores now.  I may go to my local Best Buy this weekend to see if they have a display model that I can play around with.

But why only 4GB versions available?  Argghh!

@miikerman wrote:

But why only 4GB versions available?  Argghh!

They’re the biggest seller, because of all the different colors. :wink:

I think 4gb is the most popular unit because the price of microsdhc cards is now so affordable.    A 4gb Zip with a 16gb card is about the same price as a 8gb Zip.

Is the extra 4GB of internal memory that important if you plan to put a 32GB card in the player? I guess if a version with 16GB internal was available, that would make much more of a difference. I guess the Clip Zip isn’t available with 16GB or 32GB internal memory, since the song limit is only around 8,000, and many are reaching the limit well under 8,000 by using embedded album art, or long filenames or long tags.

To me the difference between a 4 and an 8Gb Zip isn’t that great…since I put a 16Gb card on it I still have 20 or nearer 18gb to hold my music - that will do me.

The other thing is that the shop I went to had no 8Gb models in stock…So I paid £10 less and got a choice of all their colours.

The 4gb Zip does come in a nice range of colors.  

Out of curiosity, which brand name card do you have?

It doesn’t have a name, but has ‘Japan’ printed on it.

It’s the same card I’ve used for 2 years - first in the Clip+ now in the Zip.