WMA Not Recognized after Firmware update

I updated teh firmware on my Fuze+.  I used to have a podcasts many but that has been replaced by a books menu.  My WMA audiobooks are listed in the books menu, but now when i try to play them I get a message that file format is unsupported.  How do I get WMA audiobooks to play?  I used Overdrive media to transfer teh files to the fuze.

Unfortunately you would need to reload those books from overdrive.

I had a similar but different problem.  The “Podcasts” was replaced by “Books” as you experienced.  But, after updating the firmware a couple of days ago, the “Lock” feature is no longer functional.  Holding down the “Play/Pause” button for a number of seconds does not lock the controls as it used to.   Any suggestions?

@mountainman wrote:

… But, after updating the firmware a couple of days ago, the “Lock” feature is no longer functional.  Holding down the “Play/Pause” button for a number of seconds does not lock the controls as it used to.   Any suggestions?

Hi,

try to read the release notes for new firmware here on forum, lock function is now activated throught power button.

HTH

I read the instruction manyal which was provided on the same download as the firmware update.  Normally, the instruction manual is where those things are found.  It still had the “lock” on the “pause/play” button.  If it works as stated, then case closed.

They are in the process of updating the Fuze+ user’s manual.

@mountainman wrote:

I had a similar but different problem.  The “Podcasts” was replaced by “Books” as you experienced.  But, after updating the firmware a couple of days ago, the “Lock” feature is no longer functional.  Holding down the “Play/Pause” button for a number of seconds does not lock the controls as it used to.   Any suggestions?

read the release notes. They changed the lock function to a press of the power button for approx 0.5s. No idea on the WMA issue try reloading them.