Volume Increase in SANSA e280

Hi All,

I got my new Sansa e280 MP3 player. I am unable to increase the volume of the song. I tried in settings>volume, but it only shows Normal and High there. Can any one guide me how to increase the volume of the System.

Thanks,

Ah, you’ve run into the Low / High setting.  This is completely separate from the scroll wheel, which is the main volume control.

Once the music is playing, the scroll wheel switches automatically to volume.  Simply rotate that blue beastie.

If you are in one of the menus, rotating the wheel switches over to navigation within the menus, or progressive settings.

The Volume setting is best set to high for most users.  If set to low, the rotation of the scroll wheel (volume) will be limited to a lower maximum limit.  Changing the setting will not change the audible (current) volume, it just allows a higher upper limit.

If you are navigating through a submenu, and want to change the volume, simply press the menu button in the corner once, or the << button, to back out of the currrent menu, then adjust the volume.  It takes a few minutes to get used to, but the process will become second nature quickly.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 06-04-2008 01:10 AM

I also have a volume issue. Today for some inexplicable reason, the maximum volume became very low. I was still selected in the high rabge and in fact tried switching between the two, rebooting, etc. all to no avail. It just seems to have gotten stuck in a very low volume mode. While scrolling the volume wheel it doesn’t even become audible until after 50%!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sometimes the headphones can come SLIGHTLY disconnected? Check that they’re plugged in,

Check the equalizer settings too- but don’t turn it up more than 3 or 4 on each slider!!

Thanks. Yeah I was suspecting headphones or EQ but didn’t have any luck. Tried a bunch of the built in EQ settings and a custom with no improvement. Plugged and re-plugged the headphones also to no avail. It occured while doing yardwork so I hope I didn’t torpedoe it with a nasty sweat bomb.

It’s actually an E-280R. I’ve plugged it back into the computer hoping some magical update might fix it.

Thanks!

Some aftermarket headphones have a little slider on the cord for adjusting the volume.

I have been struggling with this volume issue for days. Wouldn’t you know that I looked at my headphones and the little slider was down. I didn’t even know that the headphones had volume on them. Thanks!

its like every thing else in the world little things that bother people i wonder about the future of busisness in the world i realize that the governments propaganda controll over people and the tv news efects everything in peoples life even the volume on millions of peoples mp3 players im asking sandisk i realize all i paid was 20 dollars for the sansa i still want the program to set the volume to at least 150 db i am shure that i am not concerned about my ears ringing i am a musician and other than being thankful to god for music i feel that alot of the ringing in peoples ears is from the static field from all the power lines and green boxes music is good for people and the sound waves from the headphones help the ears to relax and therefore are better for people the controlled waves from rock music help to aleviate tension in peoples brains and a higher volume on mp3 players would cause the increase of those waves to help people to feel better

help fix my sansa and legalize drugs

mitchfeinberg, please dont spam

Mr. Feinberg, I’d like to introduce you to Mr. Period .

You should get to know him (along with his cousin, Mr. Comma). They can be invaluable assistants when trying to convey your thoughts when typing & unable to use verbal speech. :stuck_out_tongue:

@mitchfeinberg wrote:
its like every thing else in the world little things that bother people i wonder about the future of busisness in the world i realize that the governments propaganda controll over people and the tv news efects everything in peoples life even the volume on millions of peoples mp3 players im asking sandisk i realize all i paid was 20 dollars for the sansa i still want the program to set the volume to at least 150 db i am shure that i am not concerned about my ears ringing i am a musician and other than being thankful to god for music i feel that alot of the ringing in peoples ears is from the static field from all the power lines and green boxes music is good for people and the sound waves from the headphones help the ears to relax and therefore are better for people the controlled waves from rock music help to aleviate tension in peoples brains and a higher volume on mp3 players would cause the increase of those waves to help people to feel better

Mr. Feinberg, I’d like to introduce you to Mr. Period .

You should get to know him (along with his cousin, Mr. Comma). They can be invaluable assistants when trying to convey your thoughts when typing & unable to use verbal speech.

As far as legalizing drugs . . . it sounds as though you’ve been doing OK the way things are now. :stuck_out_tongue: