Video Thumbnails

I have converted Videos which play fine on the Fuze+ however their are no video preview (thumbnails) appearing.

The sample videos included .thm files which I understand are simply .jpg by a different name.

Can anyone tell me what the correct format for these should be (naming convention, size etc).

I also have this problem

I used WinFF (ffmpeg) to convert with these settings (outputting to the .mp4 container):

4:3 videos:

-f mp4 -r 30 -vcodec mpeg4 -s 320x240 -b 1200kb -aspect 4:3 -acodec libfaac -ab 160kb -ar 44100 -ac 2

16:9 videos:

-f mp4 -r 30 -vcodec mpeg4 -s 320x180 -padtop 30 -padbottom 30 -b 1200kb -aspect 4:3 -acodec libfaac -ab 160kb -ar 44100 -ac 2

Basically, MPEG4 for video (you can try h.263/4 too), AAC for audio. Thumbnails show up fine for me. Try downloading WinFF, and adding presets using those two commands. Works perfectly every time.

ya i’d like to figure this out too

and i did try and mimic the ones in the video samples also

as in i created .jpg’s matching the bitrate + dimensions and renamed 'em to .thm and no go :frowning:

anyone know how to create a working thumbnail pic ?

I can get my video’s converted and playing fine but no thumbs looks lame :frowning:

@xpmule wrote:

I can get my video’s converted and playing fine but no thumbs looks lame :frowning:

I see what you mean!

:stuck_out_tongue:

@xpmule wrote:

Yeah, I see what you mean.

:stuck_out_tongue:

your a funny guy eh ?

lol

ok i got… sorta

i copied the thumbnails from the sample video to my Fuze

(i previously copied them to pc before i deleted all videos on my player)

i think the key here is adding “_Large” to the file name?

the 2 sample videos look like this,

Fuze+ Lifestyle.mp4

Tiësto Concert.mp4

and the thumbnails look like this,

Fuze+ Lifestyle_Large.thm

Tiësto Concert_Large.thm

I’ll have to test this more with creating a new .jpg and then renaming it to .thm though

i did that before but i think i missed the “_Large” part thing

That’s what worked for me, too. Why Sandisk didn’t just  allow the thumbnails to have the same name as the videos (with a different extension, of course) is beyond me. That’s how they did it with the old Fuze.

ya i just tested out creating my own .jpg and it worked ok :slight_smile:

so if anyone wants to know…

Thumbnail size requirements:
  168 x 126 x 24 bpp .jpg ( renamed to .thm )

Note:
  Size is scaled down from 320 x 240.
  So if you resized a picture from 320x240
  to height of 126 while maintaining proportions
  the width should be 168 pixels.