Uninstalling latest firmware upgrade

I’d also like to know what they sent you.  I did the same thing, contacting support, asking for a rollback.  They REFUSE to send me a rollback.  Seems like a load of BS to me.  What they did send me was a file called “SEFirmware 01.01.01A.zip”, which just upgrades again to the irritating version.  Pointless.

My problem is with using this thing with Rhapsody.  I got it so that I could use it as a Rhapsody-To-Go player (theoretically I can download as much as I want whenever I like, limited only by storage space, but the files are DRM protected and only play on the Express).  I also included a 2 GB Sandisk MicroSD card to beef up the internal1 GB memory. 

Before the “update”, I could sync Rhapsody with the internal memory and the card.  Since the update, I can only sync with the internal memory, and the early loss of licenses and hard restarts seem to be more frequent (by “hard restart”, I mean ACTING like I held down the center button and the volume increase button simultaneously, even though I did not).  Basically, it’s just acting extra-screwy since the update.  I was hoping the update would go in the other direction, and actually make the player better. 

Anyway, when I told the Tech Support guy that I couldn’t get Rhapsody to sync with the SD, he told me that the Express was never intended to sync the MicroSD card with Rhapsody, and that it was just a fluke that it worked before.  Sounds like BS to me, but maybe I’ll do a little experiment of my own… 

Christmas is coming up…  maybe it’s just time to start shopping for a new player.