Unable to synch Rhapsody and Sansa Clip

My wife has used Rhapsody and Sansa Clips for years with no issues.  We recently purchased a new computer as well a new Sansa Clip and have not been able to successfully synch Rhapsody with the Clip.  I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled Rhapsody a few times and have not had luck.

I’ll click a playlist and immediately Rhapsody will act like it is synching, showing download percentages, etc. and the SanDisk Clip will toggle back and forth between displaying ‘transferring’ and ‘connected’.  However it will go on for hours like that and no music is pulling down into the Clip.  I can toggle back and forth between playlists and tracks on the device within Rhapsody and can see the correct playlist is checkmarked however the tracks folder says ‘there are no tracks available’, please add tracks to the device.

If I drill into the folder structure of the Clip in Windows Explorer, I see the playlist that was created (which shows zero bytes) however the music and albums folder are empty.  The regular Explorer ‘Music’ folder however seems to be completely built out with her playlist.  I’m not sure if Rhapsody is writing the data to the computer as opposed to the SanDisk?

Really not sure what else to try and hope someone may have some advice.  The Clip firmware appears to be the latest version, I’m using Rhapsody version 6.14.6.0 on Windows 8.1.

Hi, I’m having the exact same problem. Brand new Sansa clip Zip purchased to use with Rhapsody, with the newest firmware downloaded and the latest Rhpasody for Windows software on a new laptop. When I try to transfer music, it goes into an endless synching loop, but never actually loads the music file.

Please help!

@frb63 wrote:
Hi, I’m having the exact same problem. Brand new Sansa clip Zip purchased to use with Rhapsody, with the newest firmware downloaded and the latest Rhpasody for Windows software on a new laptop. When I try to transfer music, it goes into an endless synching loop, but never actually loads the music file.

Please help!

This post may be of some help:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Zip/Sansa-CLip-Zip-will-not-receive-music-Please-Help/m-p/340947#M6862

Well, I’ll be damned. It actually worked. I can’t imagine how Rhapsody thought we might intuit that solution without recourse to help forums…but, I’ll take it.

Thanks Tapeworm, and thanks to cwinkm on the other thread for following through with Rhapsody.

Randy