USB capability

Hi I have owned a sansa clip+ now for about three years and have been very happy with it.

however I now have come to find its one weakness, I have recently changed my car which has a USB connection

which is linked to the audio controls on the steering wheel, yes you’ve guessed it , the clip+ does not semm to work with the

system,if this so all I can say is come on  sandisk you are slipping, don’t let the fruit have it all their way , add usb compatability to

your great products… 

You have to use MSC mode (on the player) for your car stereo to be able to read it. The same thing can be done with a memory card in a card reader or a flash drive. Note, your music must also be loaded to the player in MSC mode for it to work.

Note also, that your stereo will not be able to see more than one externally connected memory system, so it will not see (or play from) any micro SD card in the slot; only the internal memory of the player will be seen.

Hi Xeno, just curious here. Did running it in MSC mode fixed this for you?

Don’t know if this is the correct place for this post, but here goes…

I have an old Sansa PMP and can’t seem to find any info on it here.

On the rear it says Connect-4GB and on the internal Settings/Info/Software Versions page, it says:

Model Sansa PMP      Hardware SDMX8N-4096K-EA70

ZAP:  12.0.58335r

Boot Loader: 49797

Device ID:  0035-0000-lotsmorenumbers

I believe it has either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth built in, but no reference to that feature anywhere!

It also has a micro slot, which I have been using.

Is there any documentation on this unit anywhere on here?

Are there any updates for it?

By the way, it works just fine with Windows 8 and Media Player.

Thanks,

Dave

@fios_dave wrote:

Don’t know if this is the correct place for this post, but here goes…

I have an old Sansa PMP and can’t seem to find any info on it here.

On the rear it says Connect-4GB

Right board, but your question really has nothing to do with this thread. :wink:

Not much info still exists on this long-discontinued model; even in the SanDisk KnowledgeBase. I know for a fact wi-fi support was dropped a number of years ago, but you’ll just have to google around for any info on it. Here is the AnythingbutiPod forum board on the Connect; you might be able to glean some tips or knowledge about it there, or use the Search function here on this forum; however when I tried I got a lot of results with the word “connect” in the posts but very few regarding the Connect model player.

If it works for what you want and/or need, I say leave well enough alone and enjoy it, but it’s an orphaned child at this point. :cry: