USB Cable very touchy?

Whenever I try and plug the device in, it usually takes about 7 tries of plugging and unplugging and waiting forever, before the connected screen shows on the device and the device shows up on my computer. Most of the time the device just turns on, but doesn’t “Connect”. So **bleep**ing annoying.

Once I finally get the device plugged in , if I touch the cord at all no matter how softly, the whole thing disconnects, even with the cord still plugged in. Why is it so touchy? Also, where can I get replacement cords?

@slimmyshady wrote:

Once I finally get the device plugged in , if I touch the cord at all no matter how softly, the whole thing disconnects, even with the cord still plugged in. Why is it so touchy? Also, where can I get replacement cords?

Looks like you answered your own question.  :wink:

Most likely a wire or pin is badly worn or has become loose.

slimmyshady,

This is the best deal I see out there, for a genuine micro USB cable and USB charger.  The Fuze+ charger and cable kit.

A replacement micro USB cable can be found elsewhere, but the genuine article is a good deal, and you get a very cool charger too.  The micro USB is popular for digital cameras, but my little Nikon uses another type, narrower yet.  At least the one listed is the correct termination for you.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for that, I found the problem was just the dodgy cord and will probably purchase a new one. It is similar to some nokia chargers and camera charges, but not one of the most common cords (otherwise I might already have one). 

I just have to bend the cord in a certain direction for it to stay connected. :stuck_out_tongue:

… $15 for a USB charger + Cable with a snazy SanDisk logo on it

they’re all made in China in anycase.

I think I got 2 Micro USB cables from Ebay (Hong) for about $3/£2