Touch Pad is not that bad.

After 8 months I have come to the conclusion that the touch pad is not that bad, and my fingers may not be defective.

I had notice that when I do not want the screen to change it does with a very light touch.  When I want to fast forward or reverse, it take a lot of effort or multiple tries.,  I thought about this problem for a few minutes and thought I may be doing something wrong.  I tried touching the pad lightly  with the tip of my finger for fast forward and reverse.  This method has worked perfectly for the past day.

I will need weeks of experience to be certain.  If this holds, month from now, when a newbie  complains, I will be ready.

For now, don’t drive with your thumbs. 

1 Like

I’m a single-thumb driver:stuck_out_tongue: and, very often, I get punished for that.:angry:

Wow, and here I thought I was the only one who felt so :wink:

When I got this thing, I wasn’t expecting to be able to use the touch pad perfectly everything, but once you get used to it it’s not that bad. And the flexible video support isn’t too shavy, either.

Works great for me too. :smiley:

Yes,  If you hold it one hand and use your index finger, you have more control.

but despite the promotional videos the unit is not good for single hand operation, which really eliminates using it in the car to advance a track or some other simple maneuver.

Oh…And don’t get me started about using the thing in the dark…

YES, having no backlight on the touchpad is **bleep**ing stupid.

The touch pad is TERRIBLE!!  I have already sent back on Fuze+ player because the touch pad did not function.  The replacement doesn’t work either.  How many do I have to have before I get one that works.  I had my 15 yr old neighbor try it just in case it was human error…  He couldn’t get it to work either.  I have never gotten passed the “Settings”

I have an older Fuze and a Clip and have used and loved them.  This was a Christmas present that I still have not gotten to work.

@meagain wrote:

The touch pad is TERRIBLE!!  I have already sent back on Fuze+ player because the touch pad did not function.  The replacement doesn’t work either.  How many do I have to have before I get one that works.  I had my 15 yr old neighbor try it just in case it was human error…  He couldn’t get it to work either.  I have never gotten passed the “Settings”

I have an older Fuze and a Clip and have used and loved them.  This was a Christmas present that I still have not gotten to work.

Did you upgrade the firmware to the newest version?

Even with the newest firmware version, the touchpad is overly sensitive to swiping motions…especially if one is not used to touch controls.  For me, it is OK, since I have a couple of touchscreen devices, I’ve learned to be precise with my fingers’ movements. 

I went through and set everything to my preferences, and loaded all favorite songs, not complete albums (no track skipping required), and now I use it as a pure shuffle player. For that it seems to work well…sounds good, battery lasts a good long time, and the hardware is nice looking in black.  Would I prefer it to have Clip+ or Clip Zip controls? Absolutely…but since it is not my primary player, I have found a niche for it and will hang onto it. After all, it does have 16GB internal memory, unlike my Zips.

I have to agree.  The touchpad requires diligence to operate correctly, and is different from the full screen touchpads found on many mobile devices (phones included).  The target pad is smaller.

I love the Fuze+ for videos and photographs.  It has a few cool modes for navigating between them, depending upon how they were grouped.  For podcasts or audiobooks, the pitch corrected variable speed playback is nice.

Probably the most confusing part of the touchpad is that it can be controlled either by sweeping or by selective taps.  It can be really confusing, as a sweep moves the interface in the opposite direction versus tapping the edge.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I find it’s best to use my right thumb on the right hand side and my left thumb on the left side, that way I don’t accidentally swipe when I move from one side to the other. It’s OK once you get used to it, I quite like it now.