Takes much too long to start-up

@jasonbrunelle wrote:

@slimmyshady wrote:
Question is: Why did they rush the design and release of this player? What was the rush? The old Fuze was fine, people weren’t asking for a new one? Why they didn’t slow down, fully design, test and manufacture a product with the same brilliance as it’s predecessor, I don’t know?

They were convinced that the new touchscreen mp3 devices (especially the new touchscreen iPod Nano introduced around the same time as this device) were a threat to Fuze sales. “Out with the old clickwheel-style technology!”  They decided to rush a “touch” device of their own, but they opted to use much, much cheaper “touch” technology.  Funny, as the new touchscreen iPod Nanos have not been reviewed particularly favorably either.  I owned one for 2 weeks and returned it.

Hear that Sandisk?  We liked the older style better!  Bring it back in your Fuze++ please.

I completely agree that the Nano touchscreen is also an unwanted feature. Have you noticed how the new Nano Touch and the shuffle, put together make the old nano with screen and click wheel. I would prefer a clickwheel as well.

They should call it the Fuze Classic or something, not Fuze ++ :slight_smile: