Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Success at last with playlists on Micro SDHC card

This really is the first I've heard of major issues with Rockbox and the Clip Zip--usually, people are reporting great success/contentment.

As to playlists, being worked on by SanDisk--hopefully, to be solved in a firmware update.  

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@Koto wrote:

Rockbox = Freezbox
On Clipzip Rockbox to cause horror

Database Building impossible. Freez anytime.
Building Playlist from SD Card not work.
File Play Freeze anytime.
USB Connection Freez anytime.

You're the only one with this many  problems. I've been using Rockbox  on my Zips for months, from the very earliest initial builds, and mine have worked very well. I'm suspecting a potential PEBKAC issue is your culprit. Smiley Wink

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

PEBKAC, Sorry this ist not Helpfull.

Show the Thread,. You See Original Firmware Work. Here is no defect oder SD-Card inkompatible issue, The Original Firmware work. You can not ignore that.

Now can a Problem with the MP3 Files. Ok

Foobar / lame mp3 v2 MP3. Make from Flac. Original Firmware Perfekt. No language issue. No Play issue.

On Rockbox freez MP3, freez Flac from SD-Card

Or Rockbox is not SD-Card compatible. With Original Firmware the Card Work. I can not buy tonns of SD-Cards to see witch is work with Rockbox.!!!

And disses are not Helpfull. Is not resolve the Problem.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Since you have a dozen different problems that no one else has heard of you probably have something special about your player. Regarding help, its difficult to give advice since your situation seems to be unique. You may have to stick with the sandisk firmware, at least for now.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I have Clip+ with the 16 gbyte SDHC.  I use Windows Explorer to drag my folders and subfolders of .mp3 files from the PC into the music folder.  Then, holding the Ctrl key down, I can select some of them, right-click, and choose "Create Playlist" from the popup menu.  That choice appears when Settings > System settings > USB mode is set to auto-detect, which is the initial setting of a new device.  It creates a .pla file in the folder I have open with the name "New Playlist", which has to be renamed and dragged into the Playlists folder.  That process works well for me, because I am not trying to make a playlist of individual tracks selected from multiple folders.

I also experimented with Winamp, which is better for those who want to pick individual tracks from a variety of folders.  The USB mode has to be set to MSC.  At one point Winamp asked if I wanted to manage the Clip+ "as a Winamp device".  Assuming I had no choice, I said yes.  But I discovered later that means the "Create Playlist" option gets replaced by the Enqueue in Winamp option.  To get back to the mode I prefer, I did several things, which might not all be necessary. (1) Set the USB mode back to auto-detect.  (2) Uninstall Winamp from the PC.  (3) Format the Clip+, which only affects the internal memory, not the SDHC.  It took some combination of those 3 things to prevent the Clip+ from stubbornly reverting to its "Winamp device" identity without giving me a choice.

I also experimented with Media Monkey, but was too chicken to mess with my firmware version.  I created playlists of type .m3u in the MUSIC folder of the external memory, but when viewed in the Clip+, they were always empty, no matter where I moved them to.