Seriously? This thing is such a thorn in my side.

e280 Version 01.02.18A

Info:

Memory = 7634mb

Free = 12mb

SD Card = 1933mb

Free = 1657mb

Songs = 321???

Since the capacity on the player’s hardware itself was maxed out, all I did was change the USB mode so that Media Player would recognize the SD card. Did that, loaded 4 new CDs onto the player…

And now, regardless of what USB mode I’m in, all that shows up is 321 songs.

However, in MTP mode all of the artists, albums, tracks show up in Media Player when it’s connected. Additionally, I can explore to the device in windows and under Media>Music, all of the artists, albums, tracks appear there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pop the SD card out, restart the player, then re-insert it??

Thanks for the suggestion but that is still a no go. It is still showing only 321 songs.

My general suggestion for any V1 problems with the original firmware is… rockbox it & forget it. You’ll be much happier. I’ve given up even TRYING to figure out the OF.

Whatever is going to cause less of a hassle down the road I’m down with. Have you a link to setting that up??

You can’t ‘sync’ or otherwise use Windows Media Player to transfer songs to your memory card using a v1 model player. You have to manually drag & drop them from your computer to the card via Windows Explorer with your player in MSC mode.

That’s why so many people with v1 units have given up on MTP mode altogether and exclusively use MSC mode. It gets too confusing adding songs to the player in MTP and to the card in MSC and you can see the files you’ve added while connected in the other mode.

I’d suggest formatting your player, which will erase everything and re-loading all in MSC mode by drag & drop.

Ran Chkdsk on it. All appears to be well for now.

However, would be interested in Rockbox setup instructions so do send a link with a simple “How to” if you would.

You can’t ‘sync’ or otherwise use Windows Media Player to transfer songs to your memory card using a v1 model player. You have to manually drag & drop them from your computer to the card via Windows Explorer with your player in MSC mode.

That’s why so many people with v1 units have given up on MTP mode altogether and exclusively use MSC mode. It gets too confusing adding songs to the player in MTP and to the card in MSC and you can’t see the files you’ve added while connected in the other mode.

I’d suggest formatting your player, which will reset & erase everything and then re-loading all in MSC mode by drag & drop.

@cwhiatt wrote:

However, would be interested in Rockbox setup instructions so do send a link with a simple “How to” if you would.

www.rockbox.org

As Tapeworm pointed you, rockbox.org is the site. You might want to do a search here for rockbox (many threads about it) or over at www.anythingbutipod.com. They have a Sandisk area, as well. Lots of info & how-to’s.

format, then reload the songs

@nissanskyline wrote:
format, then reload the songs

Did you NOT see the OP’s post where he said: 

@cwhiatt wrote: