Sansa zlip on amazon

@ross2011 wrote:

Thanks for the info… I thought they might that stopped selling them or something. I was scared that I made a huge mistake buying one and then all of a sudden they discontinued them

Now that you’ve owned the Clip Zip for a while, what do you think of it?

@andystanton wrote:

Amazon still isn’t carrying the Clip Zip.  I’d like to order mine from Amazon but not if I have to wait too much longer.

What’s wrong with the SanDisk store? $69 for an 8GB model & $49 for a 4GB one (and in stock). A lot better price than the ones on Amazon being sold by BlueProton ($99 - 8GB or 4GB).

If you’re dead-set on buying from Amazon directly, you’ll have to be patient until they get re-supplied.

@tapeworm wrote:

@andystanton wrote:

Amazon still isn’t carrying the Clip Zip.  I’d like to order mine from Amazon but not if I have to wait too much longer.

What’s wrong with the SanDisk store? $69 for an 8GB model & $49 for a 4GB one (and in stock). A lot better price than the ones on Amazon being sold by BlueProton ($99 - 8GB or 4GB).

If you’re dead-set on buying from Amazon directly, you’ll have to be patient until they get re-supplied.

Or order online from Best Buy and you can have them ship it to the local Best Buy near you.  IIRC, the prices are all the same except for shipping.

@tapeworm wrote:

:dizzy_face:  I’m very surprised that BlueProton would charge such an overinflated price!  They are a seller that I had considered to be trustworthy.  I’ve purchased from them a few times before and they had sold items at reasonable prices.

I saw that as well.  Perhaps, it’s just because the device is new…I’d pick one up via the Sansa Store, since the price is the same.  And shipping is fast too!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

And at the SanDisk store, be sure to sign up first, and get 10% off your first order.   :slight_smile:

@mags1230 wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@andystanton wrote:

Or order online from Best Buy and you can have them ship it to the local Best Buy near you.  IIRC, the prices are all the same except for shipping.

@tapeworm wrote:

:dizzy_face:  I’m very surprised that BlueProton would charge such an overinflated price!  They are a seller that I had considered to be trustworthy.  I’ve purchased from them a few times before and they had sold items at reasonable prices.

I’m also surprised by this…I’ve had good luck with BlueProton in the past as well.

@miikerman wrote:

And at the SanDisk store, be sure to sign up first, and get 10% off your first order.   :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip.  I ordered a blue Clip Zip today, though getting the discount required a phone call to SanDisk.  I already have a 4GB SanDisk micro SD card which should give me more than enough storage for my needs.

Here’s the way I see it. Amazon owns Audible.com. The Sansa Clip Zip went out of its way to exclude Audible AA files. So in return, Amazon excluded the Clip Zip – it disappeared like it never existed. The stuff about USB cables looks like Sandisk smoke to me.

@rogbtn wrote:

Here’s the way I see it. Amazon owns Audible.com. The Sansa Clip Zip went out of its way to exclude Audible AA files. So in return, Amazon excluded the Clip Zip – it disappeared like it never existed. The stuff about USB cables looks like Sandisk smoke to me.

Sorry, but your attempt at trolling here is a

Look at the link below…:stuck_out_tongue:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Zip/Audible-com/td-p/243768/page/4

"If you’re dead-set on buying from Amazon directly, you’ll have to be patient until they get re-supplied. "

Imo the way this was handled was silly. Since the cable is so cheap, instead of sales being lost and the hassle of units being returned by Amazon, they should have just continued to sell them, but included a micro USB cable with each unit and a note. Those cables probably cost them under $1 each. sandisk would have probably compensated them for the cost of the cables.

@rogbtn wrote:

Except that, the Clip Zip works with Audible .aa files.   I’ve been listening to an Audible book (.aa files) on my Clip Zip–have been doing so for weeks.   :wink:

And while Amazon temporarily itself has stopped selling the Clip Zip, 3rd party sellers at Amazon still are. 

@rogbtn wrote:

This is pure nonsense. Got any other conspiracy theories you want to try and pedal?

Like maybe Apple has a mole in SanDisk’s factory, and this was an intentional sabotage attempt to boost sales of all their remaining inventory of iPod Classics and Shuffles before they’re discontinued in favor of the new iPhones and pads?

Tapeworm wrote:

This is pure nonsense. Got any other conspiracy theories you want to try and pedal?

Like maybe Apple has a mole in SanDisk’s factory, and this was an intentional sabotage attempt to boost sales of all their remaining inventory of iPod Classics and Shuffles before they’re discontinued in favor of the new iPhones and pads?

Apple with a mole?  Well, in these days when Apple and the San Francisco Police Dept. or some of its officers have some sort of a “special relationship” under which Apple security entered and searched a private citizen’s house for a lost iPhone 5 prototype phone, nothing is impossible . . . .    :wink:

Miikerman wrote:

Apple with a mole? 

Maybe I should have said worm.

Marvin,

Not sure what you mean by trolling. You’re saying that Audible+Sandisk is now a match made in heaven. That being the case why isn’t Amazon selling the Clip Zip? It takes a month to replenish a supply of 6" micro-USB cables?

@rogbtn wrote:

Marvin,

Not sure what you mean by trolling. You’re saying that Audible+Sandisk is now a match made in heaven. That being the case why isn’t Amazon selling the Clip Zip? It takes a month to replenish a supply of 6" micro-USB cables?

1. One doesn’t have anything to do with the other.
  2. The reason why Amazon isn’t selling the Clip Zip right now has already been explained. Whether or not you choose to believe it is up to you.
  3. Big wheels turn slowly. And they’re not just replenishing a supply of USB cables. They are completely re-stocking Amazon’s inventory of Zip players. This could be several thousand, and may have to wait for production in order to ship. Remember too, that these things are made in China and may also have to await Customs clearance in order to enter this country and finally get to Amazon’s warehouses.

I agree with JK98, that It would have been nice and simple if SanDisk simply could have sent a bag of USB cables for Amazon to include (with an explanatory note) when sending out a Clip Zip–I just hate the financial waste of sending inventory back and forth (give the shipping costs to a favorite charity!). But, companies (sometimes) have their reasons. :wink:

It’s ok, except for a few qurks that could be fixed with a firmwire…   I paid 70 dollars on amazon for it

The Clip Zip is back up at Amazon.  But unfortunately so are the many negative user reviews complaining about things such as the wrong USB cable (fixed), incompatibility with Audible files (fixed by Audible) and other issues that have all been addressed.  These user reviews give a very bad impression to potential buyers, unfortunately.

@andystanton wrote:

The Clip Zip is back up at Amazon.  But unfortunately so are the many negative user reviews complaining about things such as the wrong USB cable (fixed), incompatibility with Audible files (fixed by Audible) and other issues that have all been addressed.  These user reviews give a very bad impression to potential buyers, unfortunately.

I wish more people knew enough to take Amazon reviews with a grain of salt.