Sansa rhapsody e280? (8Gb) blue wheel on, screen off.

I’ve tried the reset (holding the on/off for 30 sec.) The wheel turns off, but when I try to turn it on again, the same issue arises.

I tried the recovery mode (put hold on, press on/off and rec buttons same time) then connected to PC.

The 16GB-Form drive appeared momentarily, but disappeared before I could drag the MI4 file to it, and now I cant  get recovery mode to start again.

Not sure what to do next…

There are two methods of starting a recovery mode session, either by powering up first (USB disconnected) in the mode as you have tried, or by doing the same thing- without powering up manually.

Starting with the e200 OFF, slide the HOLD switch to the right (orange), then hold the REC button depressed while plugging in to the USB port.  The device will power up as it sees DC power on the USB bus.

If you are not getting started up properly, it’s entirely possible that yout problem might have a simple cause, the memory board may have dislodged from the main board.  To check this, remove the metal rear cover, being careful that those wee screws don’t fly away on you.  At the top of the machine, you’ll see a black rectangle, and within this, a grey foam block.

Press downward gently on that foam block, and see if the “daughterboard” snaps into position on the connector.

Let us know how it goes!

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I followed both sets of instruction and still no screen activity.  Are their any other suggestions. I really like this player and hate to switch products to a different brand altogether.   Please HELP!!!

@lash2176 wrote:

I followed both sets of instruction and still no screen activity.  Are their any other suggestions. I really like this player and hate to switch products to a different brand altogether.   Please HELP!!!

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22253