Sansa and Timex clock radio no longer play together nicely

Thanks, Bob.  I appreciate all your help.

I’m going to try just one more time.  I’m going to pull the SD card out and format it separately.  I’m not going to put it back in until I’ve done all the other steps (not that it’s where the offending tracks ever were - I’m just going to do belt and suspenders, one last old college try…).  Then I’m going to format the internal memory via Windows and via the Sansa itself.  Then I’m going to do a reset with the power button.  Then I’m going to take the battery out and put it back in.  Then I’m going to install the firmware *again*.  Then I’m going to do a reset with the power button.  Then I’m going to take the battery out and put it back in.  Then I’m going to format the internal memory via Windows and via the Sansa itself.  Then I’m going to copy over the backup that never had the offending tracks in it, from a *location* that never had a backup with the offending tracks in it.  Then I’m going to unplug the clock radio and take the batteries out and leave them out a *long* time.  I’m going to take the battery out of the remote and leave it out a *long* time, just in case I am in the Twilight Zone. Then I am going to put the batteries back in the clock radio and remote, plug the clock radio in, hold my breath, and plug the Sansa in.

If this does not work, I am *not* going to throw them across the room, as the Sansa still works with the earbuds and the clock radio still works as a clock radio.  I am sure going to *want* to, though.