Sansa Fuze+

I love this player, I really do. It has a nice weight to it, I love the features and how it works. I have the clip+ which I gave to my son when I decided to get the fuze+. The unit appears to be faulty though, it plays one slotradio card and not another, they both work on the clip+.

It randomly won’t recognize some of the songs I put on it (not all), it says “unrecognized format” when I was listening to them an hour ago. These are songs I ripped off my own CD’s. When I format the player and put the songs back on it recognizes them again.

When I was listening to a slotradio card it suddenly started a loud buzzing noise that wouldn’t stop until I did a reset. It also won’t move forward one song when I tap the forward or backward tap areas, it usually goes 2, sometimes going forward when I tap back, or skipping 8 songs instead. 3, 5, 7, 1, 8… makes no sense.

I will have it replaced with another unit, in hopes that this is just a buggy one. Besides the problems that obviously aren’t intended it’s a wonderful and fun device. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems with it.

Before you ask, I installed the updater and updated it. I take very good care of my electronic equipment, I sewed a little pouch to protect it with a cord to hang around my neck, as I couldn’t seem to find any kind of holder for it online.

I was rather dissapointed at the lack of a real users manual, there’s a red dot on the top of the screen to the left of the shuffle icon. No idea what that is, an indicator of some sort. A user’s manual would be nice to find out what that is.

So, I have mixed feelings. Happy and Confused. :cry:

(unhappy that I’ll have to give it up and have to wait for a replacement!)