Sansa Fuze+ User manual

Thank you caption obvious. I think its idiotic that you can only place audible audiobooks (" .aa format") in the audiobooks section. THIS IS STUPID AND IDIOTIC. if they wanted to endorse audible then they should have another section (and just like certain other section you can disable it) just for audible audiobooks.

DemoBetaTester

@demobetatester wrote:

Thank you caption obvious. I think its idiotic that you can only place audible audiobooks (" .aa format") in the audiobooks section. THIS IS STUPID AND IDIOTIC. if they wanted to endorse audible then they should have another section (and just like certain other section you can disable it) just for audible audiobooks.

DemoBetaTester

Hi !

I can’t find the fuze+ manual in french…

Where can I found it please ?

Thanks

and sorry for my poor english :slight_smile:

Mais bien sur!  C’est ici: Fuze+ ManualEn Francais.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

The user manual needs more examples and sad faces at then of most paragraphs.  I took me an hour after reading the book to understand the limited nature of the new design.  Maybe the last line should say something like “this is all you can do for now… unless you are willing to pay an addional $14.95 a month.” 

Perhaps you could elaborate any specific areas that are confusing?  The latest User Guide is pretty straightforward, but as a standalone document, any “manual” can be confusing at times.

That’s what this forum is for!

Please feel free to open a thread with any questions, and as a group, we can figure things out.  That’s the fun part!  As a pdf document, you can even specify the page.

The Sansa t firmware How I download onto MP3 player

@funnyniceguy312 wrote:

The Sansa t firmware How I download onto MP3 player

Follow the directions in the firmware post:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-01-32-00/m-p/215584/highlight/true#M999

The manual needs to be current with the firmware updates.

I lost the ability to lock my player with the last update.  I checked he manual.  It did not show a change.  I was ready to ask for a down grade and disable the San Disk  updater so my other 3 Fuse+ would not be infected with the bad update.   I was about to seen the strongest warning I could not advise against this update.  I ran a search on lock in his forum and found that this lock had been changed.  This change was praised by others on the form and it does work.  

If someone that does not use the form updates their new player,  I think they may feel completely lost or frustrated.  

AGREED: The manual needs to be current with the firmware updates. Latest PDF manual (? Oct2010) still does not show how to ‘lock’ with firmware 02.36.03 (or later)

What about user manual in Italian?

I searched it in google results, but I can’t find it.

Lampa

Aw snap!!  I tried browsing around at SanDisk.it (yes, the Italian site), and found the Fuze manual in Italiano but the Fuze+ one is indeed In English

You could try contacting them at the above site and see if they can be of assistance.  Sorry, I only know enough Italian to navigate myself around the dinner table.

I am new to this eqiupment, i am trying to read a book with the player, the book appears to be on the unit, I am asked about speed, skipping chapters, and what chapter to start at, my question is , HOW DO YOU GET IT TO START.  Thanks for any help.  Jim

@jamesgalvas wrote:

I am new to this eqiupment, i am trying to read a book with the player, the book appears to be on the unit, I am asked about speed, skipping chapters, and what chapter to start at, my question is , HOW DO YOU GET IT TO START.  Thanks for any help.  Jim

By pressing PLAY?

Fuze+ User Manual

I am trying to play an audible book, when I press play I get a message telling me to activate the unit. What is that??  Jim

Is the audio book in question downloaded from Audible.com? If so, they are DRM-crippled (Digital Rights Management). You must download and install their software and use it to “authorize” and transfer the book to your player.

If the book is “borrowed” from the library, the same thing applies. Most libraries use Overdrive as their software for file transferring. If you don’t use the proprietary software (and MTP mode on the player) the digital “keys” won’t be transferred so you won’t be able to use the files.

Hi! 

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Problem: A lot of my music are compilations of different artists kept in a single folder. When i load them on the sansa it dosent recognize the folder as an “Album” and i seem to have to access my music by “Artist” but theres so many artists and i just want to play a full folder. Also, it dosent reconize the labling of the folder name and lables a lot of stuff “Unknown Artist” or “Unknown Album” .

Do i have to go through each song and create a playlist or something? Ive tried to import playlists via Windows Media Player but the playlists contain no music on the sansa.

I hope this makes sense to someone :) 

Thanks so much for any help.!!

Peace and Love

Use the Folders option in the Music menu.

@jrbobdobbs wrote:

Hi! 

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Problem: A lot of my music are compilations of different artists kept in a single folder. When i load them on the sansa it dosent recognize the folder as an “Album” and i seem to have to access my music by “Artist” but theres so many artists and i just want to play a full folder. Also, it dosent reconize the labling of the folder name and lables a lot of stuff “Unknown Artist” or “Unknown Album” .

Do i have to go through each song and create a playlist or something? Ive tried to import playlists via Windows Media Player but the playlists contain no music on the sansa.

I hope this makes sense to someone :) 

Thanks so much for any help.!!

Peace and Love

The device apparently cannot read the ID3 tags of the files, so it lumps them under “Unknown”.

You can use the Folders option in the Music menu to work around.

This is what my Music Folder looks like. If I wanted to add a new compilation, I’d call it Compilation 7 (or any other title) by Various Artists and add it to the Various Artists Folder. Or, if I wanted to, I could create a Blues Compilation Folder and move my blues compilations into it, and so on.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, make sure the Music Folder on your computer shows your compilation album like this. Sometimes Media Player lags behind what you’ve just done and takes a while to sort itself out, or it wll have your tracks in several linked folders instead of just one, in which case just drag and drop the tracks into one folder and delete the empty folders before you copy the album over to your fuze.