Sansa Fuze+ Firmware Development Team

You can’t expect to get that type of information for several reasons:

1.  Direct interaction between the customer and a developer is discouraged.  The decision on what to fix and the priority of fixes is usually a business decision.  Mitigating factors for deciding on what to fix might rely on how difficult the fix is, whether or not the hardware is capable of doing what is being requested and would the fix break some other basic functionality.   Giving direct access to a developer short circuits the process and as a result, the development team is distracted from the task at hand.

2.  Developers are typically not the most social of animals, and quite frankly I would be scared to death to let some of my development team talk to an end user.  Many developers I have met belong on the Sitcom “Big Bang Theory” and the last thing I would want as a corporation is to expose the end user to a Sheldon Cooper.

3.  The job of the moderator is to scan the forums and generate user cases for possible enhancements and fixes based on requests from all customers, not just the most vocal.  For instance.  Some users do not experience a slugish user interface because they don’t have an SD card, but rather think that FLAC tagging needs addressing.  For me, that is not important, I do not use FLAC and since I have a HUGE database and a Micro SD card, I would rather have the UI issues addressed.  I have “solved” the UI problem temporarily by having all my content stored on the card and leaving the internal memory empty.  I know this is not a fix, but a work around.   The point is, we all have different ideas about what is the “most important” thing that needs fixing.  The moderator can look around and make a dispassionate choice and provide guidance on prioritizing issues.

The point is, asking how many developers and their names is typically proprietary information and would not be given out.  If a developer wants to come on this forum and identify himself as one, that is his perrogative.  Asking the moderators to “out” any lurking devs or give information regarding the size and makeup of the development team is basically asking for insider information about the company and can’t be expected with any reasonability.

The mod’s were just trying to be humorous without outright telling you that you’re not getting that info.  Since I don’t work for the company, I can tell you…You ain’t getting that info. 

In my company I’d lose my job if I gave out that type of information.  I imagine the same is true at Sandisk.